ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

wanted: thoughts and ideas about blogs - bloggers join in!

<< < (2/4) > >>

vrgrrl:
yeah, i've tried livejournal, blogger, myspace, xanga, moveable type...the whole works and the only thing that i've stuck with is blogger (for five years now!). i'm not sure if it's more of a matter of "oh, well, this was the first one i used so it's not worth investing in learning another system" or what. but i just find blogger super easy to add something to, it works really well with flickr, and, yeah, i've gotten used to copying my text before i hit "publish" to avoid the long blog post loss that sometimes happens (i know that frustration all too well!).

i've also used it in classes i teach -- i've used it as a collaborative blog where everyone in the class has access with their own account and they put their homework on the blog. that's worked "ok" -- mainly because all sorts of online forums only tend to work "ok" for any class because students just don't want to check back to see what others wrote and comment on it.

michelle

Gothi[c]:
http://mama.indstate.edu/users/bones/WhyIHateWebLogs.html

;)

mouser:
gothic  ;D ;D ;D

Rover:
gothic - nice find.  This was pretty much my thought when I first heard about 'blogs.  Once again, I figured I was just missing something.  Sort of like when peple put a ring in their nose; I don't understand the motivation, but maybe I'm out of the loop. 

At any rate, I must say I pretty much agree with the whole "I think 'blogs are stupid" are stupid, but I would have written it without all of the f-bombs.  To me it's a sign of a weak mind... can't think of a better adjective?  :D

mouser:
i think blogs are great..
you just have to find the good ones.

in the future everyone will be required by law to have a blog.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version