ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How 4 Microsoft engineers proved that the “darknet” would defeat DRM

<< < (10/10)

wraith808:
Is MKVTools recommended over MakeMKV?  And My WDTV Live HD does recognize my MKVs... so I guess that means that MakeMKV rips with decompressed headers by default?

4wd:
Is MKVTools recommended over MakeMKV?  And My WDTV Live HD does recognize my MKVs... so I guess that means that MakeMKV rips with decompressed headers by default?-wraith808 (December 04, 2012, 07:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

In the case of you ripping your DVDs, (or BD), no - since it won't do that kind of work, ie. decrypt and concatenate the VOB files.

But in the case where you have other file container formats, (eg. AVI, MP4, MPG, etc), and you just want consistency, (all MKV), or where you have an AVI file with associated subtitle file, you can just drop them on the MKVToolnix frontend, (mmg.exe), and tell it to mux them into one MKV.

FWIW, I rip all my DVDs to MPG4-AVC + whatever audio suits using VidCoder - I'm not overly concerned about the slight loss in quality because I doubt whether I would detect it, (my eyes are getting older), I usually watch them in a window on my computer as I'm doing something else and I still have a boring old Sony Trinitron CRT television that works perfectly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version