ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

eyeOS - Online "Operating System"

(1/4) > >>

Redhat:
Introduction

Ever thought of using an open-source operating system, through your browser? Even if you haven't, it's quite an interesting concept, at least to me.

Online storage for use with your online word documents written in an online word processor, and online calendar, online contact manager – all in one place. Interested?

Enter eyeOS. Available at http://www.eyeos.info, signup is extremely quick and obviously free being open-source.

The online word processor is kind of cool, it allows you to do quite a bit and you can save to your “home folder” / online storage area:

The online contacts manager is semi-basic, but is usable:

eyeNav is the integrated browser. To me, it seems slightly strange to use a browser – in a browser. But, again they've done it well, and it has some nice default links:

There is also a forum in the application too. And you can manage your “applications” on your “operating system” through the manager:

I'd give it a try – it only takes a second to signup, and there's no fees involved :)

Redhat:
Sorry for the huge pictures, they didn't look as big on my system  :o :o :o

Redhat:
Fixed, changed to thumbnails  :Thmbsup:

jgpaiva:
This quite an interesting concept.
In my opinion, it's not yet "usable", because it's a bit buggy (i got some strange behaviour from the "windows". Still, it's a nice concept, and I'm hoping some day google will find it and make a virtual pc for everyone! :D

BTW, here's some discussion about this site on DC: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=2997.0

Rover:
I played with it for a while after the first post and I would call it an Online Desktop vs. Operating System.  As Ajax becomes more popular, I expect to see more of this kind of stuff and it's going to get confusing.

$0.02.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version