ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Samsung & Dell Printers backdoor

<< < (3/5) > >>

4wd:
(But seriously - do you have any links for that?-Renegade (November 28, 2012, 07:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

Damnit!

Forgot the  :P

Tinman57:

There goes my monopoly on crazy conspiracy theories news/fact/history. :P (But seriously - do you have any links for that? I somehow doubt that anyone would invest in enough memory to make it remotely useful like that. However, I've seen crazier stuff with lots of evidence to back it up. Stuff so crazy that no matter how much evidence there is, I'm still baffled at it.)-Renegade (November 28, 2012, 07:38 PM)
--- End quote ---
  My cell phone memory card is smaller than my thumb-nail and holds 16Gb.  That's a whole lot of information that can be stored, especially if stored in a text format.

Renegade:
(But seriously - do you have any links for that?-Renegade (November 28, 2012, 07:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

Damnit!

Forgot the  :P
-4wd (November 28, 2012, 07:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

Wasn't completely sure if you were joking or not. I quite literally have seen much stranger things.

My cell phone memory card is smaller than my thumb-nail and holds 16Gb.  That's a whole lot of information that can be stored, especially if stored in a text format.
-Tinman57 (November 28, 2012, 08:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

True enough, but I'm thinking about the cost. Would they spend the extra? It's not the size so much as the $$$.

f0dder:
Not that interesting on it's own, and could be debug code that somebody forgot to take out...

But depending on what kind of hardware that's in the printer, such a backdoor could be pretty interesting. Like, serving trojans to a company LAN?

Renegade:
Not that interesting on it's own, and could be debug code that somebody forgot to take out...
-f0dder (November 28, 2012, 08:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

At Samsung, everything must be done YESTERDAY. So, that's probably the most likely scenario. Dunno for sure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version