ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Opera 9 Beta

<< < (2/3) > >>

Harrie:
That makes a lot of sense, Allen.  I think I'll just go for any widgets that blow me away, use them on demand, and forget about any others. 

I know I have a lot of learning to do about customizing Opera and I'm glad! 

zridling, what "struck you most," between the eyes I mean, about Opera?  Just very curious.

tinyvillager:
Firefox has taken a back seat for me too.Still a great a great browser and will always be installed on my machine,but Opera seems so effortless to me.I swear it handles tabs better.

Personally i don't tweak it too much but i do put the "enable cookies" option on the face of the browser.
I shrink the icons down to 40% and use windows native as it's theme.

jgpaiva:
Here's a good thread for people to post their screenshots of opera: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=2573.0
That said, opera is the best browser there is, no discussions about it. Although firefox does have some interesting extensions (which even made me try it for about 2 hours), opera is the ultimate browser machine (recognize the paralel? ;) )
I've used opera for years, and i wouldn't trade it for anything! :)

allen:
I know I have a lot of learning to do about customizing Opera and I'm glad! 
-Harrie (April 25, 2006, 02:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

A good place to start is here.  Lots of information . . . maybe too much :)

Edvard:
I'm seriously considering switching to Opera from FF for many reasons I won't go into here. The things that have stopped me from using Opera are (1) Price. (no longer a consideration) and (2)  User interface. I'm not talking skins, I'm talking Where's My Freaking Buttons (!?!?!?!). I have a lot of muscle memory invested in FF and the default Opera interface is (for now) cluttered and disorienting. It took me an hour, but I finally figured out how to put a Stop button on my Navigation toolbar (w00t!!!11!!1). Now I have to clear out the crap and put what I want where I want and it is proving to be a difficult task. But, judging by past experience, this is try #2 so it may turn out to be a keeper.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version