ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

"Columnist Corner" - read in please

<< < (3/4) > >>

mouser:
nudone, email me with a desired password for blogging (don't use a password that you use for any other purpose), and also if you would like a donationcoder.com email address i will set that up for you.  it can either forward mail to another account, or you are welcome to use it as a real mailbox with pop3 and smtp support for use with any mail client.  just send me user name you want for it ([email protected]) if different from nudone, and either another email address you would like mail forwarded to or else ill use the password you send me for the blog for the email mailbox.

mouser:
well it's really taking shape..
i think this is gonna be a really nice addition to the site.

mouser:
We now have 4 committed columnists.

that leaves 1 space left if we do it every weekday as planned, or possibly 1 or 2 extra spaces if we wanted to do it on the weekend.

so the first columns will come out next week - more announcements as things take shape.

tenseiken:
Are you looking for anything in particular for Thursday?  I imagine I could come up with something once a week, but it would help if I had a topic to go on.  The only thing I can think of that I'd be able to comment on that isn't already covered by someone more or equally qualified is music, but I'm open to suggestion.

mouser:
somone suggested we might keep one day a week rotating..
if we have enough people who might be interested in columns we could alternate authors for more days.

if it's something you think you want to do i'd be happy to set you up for thursday and set up a blog and email.  music software would be nice subject.

i dont have specific areas in mind, the main things i think are:
1) the columnists/bloggers should have fun with this - so pick stuff you want to talk about.
2) we are promising people that we will have a new entry each day; columnists can stop whenever they want as long as they give us a weeks worth of notice so that we have time to find someone to take over.
3) it would be nice to have a sort of theme for each column, just so that they would differentiate from each other somewhat.  its ok if they overlap but i think it would just be funner for readers if each blog had a slightly different slant.

make sense?

if you still want to do it email me a desired login name and password for the blog (and nick for the column if different), and whether you want me to set up a @donationcoder.com email for you, and if so whether you want me to have it just forward mail to another account or whether you want a proper smtp/pop login.

-mouser

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version