topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 9:19 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: A free and open world depends on a free and open web.  (Read 3090 times)

KynloStephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
A free and open world depends on a free and open web.
« on: November 23, 2012, 01:09 PM »
dcgoogle.pngA free and open world depends on a free and open web.

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
Re: A free and open world depends on a free and open web.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 07:33 PM »
Good to see that there is more pushing back against these petty tyrants.

From a link there:

https://www.whatistheitu.org/

And yet again, we see more UN BS. The ITU is just another arm of the criminal UN. They have no business whatsoever in trying to dictate to people what they can and cannot do. They have no authority and should be ignored and relegated to obscurity in the anus anals of history as a bad footnote. They should take their globalist, collectivist, fascism and stick it.
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

KynloStephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 07:40 PM »
Related: http://mashable.com/...nternet-human-right/

Is Internet access and online freedom of expression a basic human right? The United Nations’ Human Rights Council unanimously backed that notion in a resolution on Thursday.

The resolution says that all people should be allowed to connect to and express themselves freely on the Internet. All 47 members of the Human Rights Council, including notoriously censorship-prone countries such as China and Cuba, signed the resolution.

China’s support for the resolution came with the stipulation that the “free flow of information on the Internet and the safe flow of information on the Internet are mutually dependent,” as Chinese delegate Xia Jingge told the Council in a sign that the country isn’t about to tear down the so-called “Great Firewall of China.”

The concept was first affirmed by a U.N. agency, the International Telecommunications Union (ITU), in 2003. The ITU has recently come under fire after rumors arose that member states were preparing proposals to give the United Nations more control over the Internet ahead of a December conference. The ITU has rejected many of those claims.

Internet access as a human right has since been supported by several of the Internet’s most well-known proponents, including Tim Berners-Lee, the inventor of the World Wide Web.

“[It's] an empowering thing for humanity to be connected at high speed and without borders,” Berners-Lee told the BBC in April of last year while reflecting on the Internet’s role in the Arab Spring uprisings.

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 08:49 PM »
Related: http://mashable.com/...nternet-human-right/

Is Internet access and online freedom of expression a basic human right? The United Nations’ Human Rights Council unanimously backed that notion in a resolution on Thursday.

The resolution says that all people should be allowed to connect to and express themselves freely on the Internet. All 47 members of the Human Rights Council, including notoriously censorship-prone countries such as China and Cuba, signed the resolution.

China’s support for the resolution came with the stipulation that the “free flow of information on the Internet and the safe flow of information on the Internet are mutually dependent,” as Chinese delegate Xia Jingge told the Council in a sign that the country isn’t about to tear down the so-called “Great Firewall of China.”

The concept was first affirmed by a U.N. agency, the International Telecommunications Union (ITU), in 2003. The ITU has recently come under fire after rumors arose that member states were preparing proposals to give the United Nations more control over the Internet ahead of a December conference. The ITU has rejected many of those claims.

Internet access as a human right has since been supported by several of the Internet’s most well-known proponents, including Tim Berners-Lee, the inventor of the World Wide Web.

“[It's] an empowering thing for humanity to be connected at high speed and without borders,” Berners-Lee told the BBC in April of last year while reflecting on the Internet’s role in the Arab Spring uprisings.

Lies and disinformation. Pure BS.

The thing about the UN is that it is a purely psychopathic, criminal organization. They do nothing but lie and cover up their crimes. They murder people, then call it "humanitarian aid".

From the UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights

http://www.un.org/en/documents/udhr/

Article 29.
 (1) Everyone has duties to the community in which alone the free and full development of his personality is possible.
 (2) In the exercise of his rights and freedoms, everyone shall be subject only to such limitations as are determined by law solely for the purpose of securing due recognition and respect for the rights and freedoms of others and of meeting the just requirements of morality, public order and the general welfare in a democratic society.
 (3) These rights and freedoms may in no case be exercised contrary to the purposes and principles of the United Nations.

Now, let me break that down a bit...

(1) Everyone has duties to the community in which alone the free and full development of his personality is possible.

i.e. You will be forced to do what we tell you to do. Slavery. This is dressing up how they will enslave people in nice language. They are deceptive.

(2) In the exercise of his rights and freedoms, everyone shall be subject only to such limitations as are determined by law solely for the purpose of securing due recognition and respect for the rights and freedoms of others and of meeting the just requirements of morality, public order and the general welfare in a democratic society.

i.e. If we want to change the rules, we will. Your rights and freedoms will be restricted. We will throw you in prison. "General welfare"? Yep. Collectivists.

(3) These rights and freedoms may in no case be exercised contrary to the purposes and principles of the United Nations.

i.e. None of the above rights apply if they don't want them to. Article 29, Section 3 effectively nullifies all human rights. The global mass extinction of human rights is being engineered by the UN.

Keep in mind, these are the same criminals that forcibly sterilize women: https://duckduckgo.c...+force+sterilization

So, all that hot air about the UN supporting free speech and human rights and an open and free Internet... Hogwash. They are some of the architects behind the destruction. The ITU is behind the push to censor the net. When they say they're not - they are lying.

They say one thing in front of the cameras, while the reality is quite different.
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 01:06 PM »

you emphasise the first clause - the second is very impressive if I understand it correctly:
the free and full development of your personality is only possible in the community
-
I'm not one who believes that being a hermit is particularly helpful, but to say we only develop our personalities fully in "the community" smacks a bit of society knows better.
Do they define "community"? No, they dont.

I'm very wary of the whole 'rights and obligations' approach to the world. What happens if they forget a 'right'? Do we not get it then?

To me, something is either acceptable or it's not.
That's enough.

#3 is impressive :o
Tom