ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Why did it never occur to me.. You can wash a keyboard in water.

<< < (21/23) > >>

techidave:
I change the hose on my vacum sweeper to the other spot so that it blows instead of sucks.  Even if you put an attachment on it, the pressure won't be all that great since the hose size is large.  Blows dry air too.

I also use it to blow out the inside of the computer.

MilesAhead:
If the B&D vac had a reverse it would be ideal.  But this pump is working out pretty well. I blew off the loose dust that was on the back of my stereo for the last 10 years.  Just a little area in the back where the bottom unit is deeper than the one on top. All wires in the way. Wicked pain to pull the stuff off by yourself.  This gets the loose dust.  My desk is the cleanest it's been in a long time. The only way to get all of it would be to clear the desk and wipe with paper towels and Windex or something similar.

Big improvement. Now I just have to figure out how the get the dust off of hundreds of CD cases without wiping each one individually. :)

edit: another good use I found for the pump.  TV screen is not really dirty since I Windexed it a couple weeks ago. But it has collected a bit of dust.  A quick blow off with the pump saves me getting out the spray bottle and paper towels.

barney:
edit: another good use I found for the pump.  TV screen is not really dirty since I Windexed it a couple weeks ago. But it has collected a bit of dust.  A quick blow off with the pump saves me getting out the spray bottle and paper towels.
-MilesAhead (December 18, 2012, 10:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've had quite good results on CRT/LCD screens, as well as keyboards, using a Swiffer duster.  It works almost as well as the TV commercials show  :Thmbsup:, no moisture requiired  :-*.

MilesAhead:
I'm with you there on the duster. I use a synthetic feather duster on my CRT monitor and TV screen. I only Windex 'em a few times a year.  On the HDTV I'm a bit more prone to break out the Windex. Sometimes I turn off the A/C and open the windows there using a fan to pull in the cool air. It's more prone to encounter tire grit from the nearby road.  It helps cut down on the electric bill but that tire grit is a pita.

superboyac:
^ 5,000 :up:
-tomos (December 18, 2012, 04:37 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version