ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Why did it never occur to me.. You can wash a keyboard in water.

<< < (20/23) > >>

MilesAhead:
I just got the Sport Pump.  Works faster and easier than the vac.  Not perfect. But for $3 I can't complain. I can chase out most of the dust bunnies tangled up in my docking station wires. Beats moving that stuff around for sure.  :)

superboyac:
Ahh!!  40 + Miles!  I love the cartoon references.  it's not often that I get to learn new things about cartoons!  Highly inspirational stuff.

MilesAhead:
Last night I watched this documentary, Reel Injun about the way Native Americans were portrayed in films and on TV. One of the clips they showed was the Injun Joe cartoon character. But the worst Warner Bros. cartoon clip was Bugs Bunny picking off Indians with a rifle as they attacked a fort. Each time he shot one he drew a line to keep count.  Then he shoots one and only draws half a line(I forget if the chalk broke or whatever) and he recovers his cool by saying "that one was only a half breed!"

superboyac:
Last night I watched this documentary, Reel Injun about the way Native Americans were portrayed in films and on TV. One of the clips they showed was the Injun Joe cartoon character. But the worst Warner Bros. cartoon clip was Bugs Bunny picking off Indians with a rifle as they attacked a fort. Each time he shot one he drew a line to keep count.  Then he shoots one and only draws half a line(I forget if the chalk broke or whatever) and he recovers his cool by saying "that one was only a half breed!"

-MilesAhead (December 17, 2012, 11:13 PM)
--- End quote ---
Oh man!!  Yeah, it's wild seeing the blatant racism in those cartoons.  Unfortunately, one of my favorite minor characters is in that Injun Joe cartoon, the name is "Wagon Heels"...his name is Sloppy Moe, a little whacky blue guy.
http://minus.com/lwhr3clASPNhP

blackface, asians...man...i'm thinking now of this one, a plane is flying over the african continent and they did some CRAZY racist thing, i don't quite remember exactly, but it was whoa.

tomos:
^ 5,000 :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version