ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Why did it never occur to me.. You can wash a keyboard in water.

<< < (15/23) > >>

MilesAhead:
 I still have one of those keyboard cleaner things, but instead of blowing it sucks.  And it sucks in more ways than one too, don't have the suction to pick up a hair off any smooth surface.  I just use the vacuum cleaner attachment with the fuzzy tip....

--- End quote ---

I'm not talking about those useless pen size vacuums. This is the one I have, except it's a newer model naturally. Basically they changed the buttons to look more "modern."  But the body and innards are the same. The bit with the arrow slides out. There's a small brush attachment that inserts.  It has quite a bit of suction so that only the first speed is required.  The brush prevents the vacuum from reaching the point of pulling the key tops off.

It would be perfect for cleaning the desktop area under the monitor, inside the case, docking stations etc. if they just provided a flexible attachment.  But with a 19" CRT the angles produced by the stand are too radical to negotiate. Much easier just to blow the dust off.

Tinman57:
 I still have one of those keyboard cleaner things, but instead of blowing it sucks.  And it sucks in more ways than one too, don't have the suction to pick up a hair off any smooth surface.  I just use the vacuum cleaner attachment with the fuzzy tip....

--- End quote ---

I'm not talking about those useless pen size vacuums. This is the one I have, except it's a newer model naturally. Basically they changed the buttons to look more "modern."  But the body and innards are the same. The bit with the arrow slides out. There's a small brush attachment that inserts.  It has quite a bit of suction so that only the first speed is required.  The brush prevents the vacuum from reaching the point of pulling the key tops off.

It would be perfect for cleaning the desktop area under the monitor, inside the case, docking stations etc. if they just provided a flexible attachment.  But with a 19" CRT the angles produced by the stand are too radical to negotiate. Much easier just to blow the dust off.

-MilesAhead (December 10, 2012, 11:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

I just have to be careful with the vacuum.  My Dyson has some real powerful suction.  lol  I also keep canned air in stock.

Edvard:
Leaf blower.

:Thmbsup:

Shades:
A former boss of mine cleaned his PC's at least once a year with an air pump intended for balloons. That thing was not too big (so you could put it in whatever angle necessary) and more than enough force to blow away any dust.

MilesAhead:

I just have to be careful with the vacuum.  My Dyson has some real powerful suction.  lol  I also keep canned air in stock.

--- End quote ---

I can see the commercial now.  A guy points the brush nozzle at the keyboard. A bunch of key caps fly off and get sucked up. Then it shows them swirling around in the cannister.  The guy shuts off the vacuum.  A close-up of the transparent cannister. Some of the keys have stuck to the side.. right side up.  They spell out D - Y - S - O - N.   ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version