ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Why did it never occur to me.. You can wash a keyboard in water.

<< < (14/23) > >>

fenixproductions:
Shame that every keyboard I had had, had always some issues after cleaning, mostly: long keys (Shift, Space) not functioning properly.
No matter how I bend metal parts below keys, it always ends up with new keyboard.

Renegade:
Shame that every keyboard I had had, had always some issues after cleaning, mostly: long keys (Shift, Space) not functioning properly.
No matter how I bend metal parts below keys, it always ends up with new keyboard.
-fenixproductions (December 10, 2012, 05:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

The keyboard that I posted pictures above is working perfectly after being cleaned. Better than it was before. But I didn't bend anything, and only had to clean the top portion of the keyboard.

Tinman57:
Yes... But Sticky is a loosely related (in a third cousin sort of way) synonym of the antonym of clean.
-Stoic Joker (November 28, 2012, 01:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nah. I've worked with glues that were very very clean and very very sticky.  :)

For me a paper towel with a bit of alcohol is good enough.  Some on a Q-Tip for the tops of the keys.  And that's only on occasion. Most of the time I just vac.

Which reminds me. They used to make a gizmo that amounted to a flashlight with a small blower on the end. Instead of canned air you could just use that. Too bad the construction was so flimsy.  They seemed to die in a couple of months. But it made me think of a battery-free solution that would last for years.  A junior bellows. Take the thing that hangs by the fireplace and reduce it to about 1/4 size.  Have it rigged out with a spring so you could work it with one hand.  Just squeeze the handles and a jet of air is produced.  Small enough to get in under the old CRT monitor. But nobody would produce them because they would last too long.
-MilesAhead (November 28, 2012, 03:30 PM)
--- End quote ---
  I still have one of those keyboard cleaner things, but instead of blowing it sucks.  And it sucks in more ways than one too, don't have the suction to pick up a hair off any smooth surface.  I just use the vacuum cleaner attachment with the fuzzy tip....

40hz:
Forget keyboards. I often wonder why it doesn't occur to some people it's possible to wash their hands in water. Y'know, like maybe once or twice a year - whether they need it or not?

I was at a client site last week that had a collection of the grungiest, dirtiest (and any other "est" you can think of) keyboards imaginable. And this was a...well let's just say they were in as "white collar" a profession as they come.

I was tempted to put biohazard warning stickers on these things - assuming I could get them to stick.

KynloStephen66515:
Forget keyboards. I often wonder why it doesn't occur to some people it's possible to wash their hands in water. Y'know, like maybe once or twice a year - whether they need it or not?

I was at a client site last week that had a collection of the grungiest, dirtiest (and any other "est" you can think of) keyboards imaginable. And this was a...well let's just say they were in as "white collar" a profession as they come.

I was tempted to put biohazard warning stickers on these things - assuming I could get them to stick.

-40hz (December 10, 2012, 07:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version