ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Why did it never occur to me.. You can wash a keyboard in water.

<< < (13/23) > >>

MilesAhead:
If your vinegar bottle is try pop open a can of Coke Classic and give it a try.  Your keyboard will be clean, but very sticky. :)
-MilesAhead (November 28, 2012, 09:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Diet Coke?
-app103 (November 28, 2012, 02:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

At least my keyboard wouldn't gain weight. :)

Renegade:
From what I've read, Coke/Pepsi/whatever makes an excellent toilet bowl cleaner. :D

barney:
From what I've read, Coke/Pepsi/whatever makes an excellent toilet bowl cleaner. :D
-Renegade (November 28, 2012, 05:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Makes ya wonder if 7-Up would work, don' it ... is caffeine a factor   :P?

robinsiebler:
I have a Logitech G-19 keyboard. All of the keys are caked with dust on the sides and between them. I don't know how to clean it and looking at it disgusts me. What is the best way to handle this?

MilesAhead:
I have a Logitech G-19 keyboard. All of the keys are caked with dust on the sides and between them. I don't know how to clean it and looking at it disgusts me. What is the best way to handle this?
-robinsiebler (December 10, 2012, 04:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've found either positive or negative air pressure will work. I have Black and Decker rechargeable vacuum.  There's a brush attachment that does a pretty good job with the keyboard.  Also I had a flashlight blower gadget. Trouble with the "flashlight fan" concept is the inexpensive ones are flimsy.  For the rugged ones they want like $80.  After searching the web I ordered a couple of rubber squeeze air bulbs that are supposed to be used for cleaning camera equipment.  They are coming from China.  They may arrive before the end of the year. It's hard to say with the Christmas mail rush.  In any case, if they squirt enough air to blow the dust off the keyboard or inside a computer case, I'll post.  I'm hoping they're good enough to blow the dust out from under my CRT and off my docking stations. I think for inside the cases if I take the side cover off and put that side down on newspaper that will get the majority of the dust.  Then just wisp around with the rubber air bulb to finish off.

Not much of a risk to find out.  They accepted PayPal. 2 bulbs for less than $5 with free shipping via mail. I hope they work out because I really don't like the canned air bit.  Seems like there should be a simple mechanical way to blow some dust away without spending a fortune.

I found the link

if you want to take a chance. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version