ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Looking for a Mouse/Cursor restriction tool ... ?

<< < (2/2)

app103:
I can verify that this is typical Windows behavior and seems to be a built-in "feature".

Running XP here, with classic themes and I also have an old WinME pc in which I observed the following:

I keep my taskbar on the right, fully extended, on autohide, always on top, on both systems. There is a 1-2 pixel border below the tray icon area. The area containing the icons is recessed. Only within the recessed area can you click anything or show a tooltip. Clicks on the border below it does nothing. If you move your mouse to that border area, you probably won't see much of your cursor showing.

This is also the case with the far right of my taskbar. But this time, there is no visible border or recessed area.

The issue doesn't bother me, as that tiny offscreen area where my cursor disappears to when I move to the far right, is the activation zone that makes my taskbar pop out for access. So, it serves a useful purpose, in my case.

DonationCoderTransmit:
Thanks for the sanity check, app103 :).

In frustration, I went back to both Easy Mouse Lock and DDMM to see if I could bash them into workable order. Easy Mouse Lock remains hopelessly slow (as described above) on my system. But I found how to get DDMM working: turn it off and on again!. More specifically, using the "Save and close" button alone doesn't save anything, for me. But unchecking and rechecking "activate mouse management" after inputting user settings, and then clicking "Save and close" does the trick.

And once set up (essentially creating a 3 pixel virtual desktop across the bottom of the screen), it works perfectly (so far). The cursor stops just above the (invisible) border, and activates every Taskbar tab, Quick Launch button and Tray icon. No cursor sluggishness at all, nor any other drawbacks, so far.

I don't use autohide but, at least for me, setting a 1 pixel boundary allows both Taskbar tab/button activation and autohide. (Though it needs 3 pixels to activate the Tray icons too, and that scuppers the autohide trigger).

Anyway, I seem to have solved my problem. Thanks for replying, and to snouffelaire, a member here for DDMM.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version