ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Small free form db/notes software

(1/3) > >>

robinsiebler:
I am playing an MMO called Guild Wars 2 and I have a lot of friends there. The game only allows me a single text line to describe a person an all of their chars and the company deletes this entry every time there is an update, so I need to find an external solution.  Here are my requirements:

I need the following text fields:

Account Name
Character Name (5 or more characters per account)
Character Description - Needs to be able to handle at least 3 -4 paragraphs of text.

I need to be able to sort on the first two fields, and I need to be able to search. I don't need any more features at this point. I want something small (under 20 MB) and if possible something with an iPad or web option as well.

Any suggestions?

wraith808:
SnapDB by Skwire is a really good app for those little ad hoc databases.  There's no web option nor ipad option unfortunately.

dr_andus:
Here is a video of how a Spanish chap is using ConnectedText (personal/desktop wiki) for what seems like a similar purpose.

Jibz:
While not really a database app, something like CintaNotes might also work due to the fast search.

apankrat:
A spreadsheet software like Excel fits the bill. A bit of an overkill, but not if you already have Office installed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version