ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Keyboard shortcut of the day

<< < (12/12)

ewemoa:
You have successfully made me open notepad and try press F1 to F12... What a joke. ;D
-tslim (March 20, 2013, 09:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

He he -- I confess to having tried this too :)

Edvard:
A handy combination that I had to search like hell to find.  If a program's window disappears from the screen but it is still open - meaning the window has moved to a location off the screen:

Alt-Tab to the missing window, then Alt-Space, M, then any arrow key. Now move your mouse and the missing window will suddenly pop back onto the screen.
-J-Mac (December 01, 2012, 10:15 AM)
--- End quote ---
I wonder if I can make an Autohotkey macro to do it. Then I wouldn't have to remember it with my brain.
-dojibear (December 06, 2012, 03:42 PM)
--- End quote ---
How's this?  Control+Alt+Shift+S to invoke:
-ewemoa (December 06, 2012, 11:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

When I've had that happen in the past, I kept an autohotkey script on my desktop that would grab the last active window and center it.  So I would select the hidden program in the taskbar, and hit the script, but I agree a custom hotkey would be better.
Since abandoning Windows, I don't have a copy to reference, but this may do the trick, anyone care to test?

--- Code: Autohotkey ---WinActivate ; grabs the [url=http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/LastFoundWindow.htm]Last Found Window[/url]WinMove, (A_ScreenWidth/2)-(Width/2), (A_ScreenHeight/2)-(Height/2)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version