ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

I need your help...

(1/5) > >>

app103:
For those of you that don't know, my family has been going through a really rough patch lately. My husband has been out of work since July, when the company he gave the better part of his life to, over 25 years, shut down. Then he was hit by a car on Oct 4th, while looking for work.

He is currently unable to look for work while he is healing from his injuries, and I am having a lot of trouble finding work that I can physically do (I have my own share of health issues). We have no money for anything, not even the basic necessities of life like food and shelter.

We have been getting most of our food from church run emergency food pantries. The biggest problem with this is that my husband has Type 2 Diabetes and they don't give out much diabetes friendly food. Most of the stuff they give is very high in carbs and would be toxic to him. It has become difficult to find food to feed my husband.

This is where you can help. I have made an Amazon wishlist of some things we could use, most of which are things my husband can eat...meats, green vegetables, tomatoes, brown rice, eggs, etc. There are also a few things for the rest of the family, like ramen and spaghetti. And a bag of dry cat food at the top of the list because our cat needs to eat too, and we have less than a week's worth of cat food left, with no money to buy more.

If you can help us by buying an item from my wishlist, it would be most appreciated.

We are also $600 short for the rent money that is due on December 1st. I don't have anything of value left to sell...already sold everything, including my wedding band.  If you can help us with that, too, I'd sure appreciate it, as well. You can give DC credits or donate direct to my Paypal through my website's donate page.

mouser:
Cat food taken care of.  :up:

Renegade:
Not sure if the wish list updates or not. I took care of this one: Native Forest Organic Mushrooms, Pieces & Stems (Dr Weight 4- Ounces), 7-Ounce Cans (Pack of 12) (Just so nobody duplicates it.)

app103:
Thank you mouser & Renegade.  :-*

And yes, the list does update and removes the items already purchased.

4wd:
Sweetener and Noodles taken care of.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version