ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Are you going to wait for Windows 9?

(1/23) > >>

Arizona Hot:
Here's 2 opinions of Windows 8, what's your view on them as related to Windows 8?

Revisiting Windows 1.0: How Microsoft’s first desktop gracefully failed

Design guru Nielsen Windows 8 UI 'smothers usability'

Are you going to wait for Windows 9?

Darwin:
I really don't see a difference between 7 and 8 other than the start menu. All of this angst is hot air in my opinion. The real things to be leary of are the fact that Windows 8 brings so little to the table and that MS seems to be shifting toward a more Apple-esque walled playground...

Renegade:
Windows GPL anyone? :P (That version comes out after Windows Hell Froze Over.)

tomos:
The new UI side of Win8 is aimed at tablets and as such should, I think, be compared with whatever it is they have on iPads and the relevant Androids. That's a world I know nothing about so I cant comment.

I'm only using the desktop in Win8 - you do get thrown into the Tiled world occasionally but it's not a big deal I find. I suspect that's simply their way of doing a bit of advertising/exposure. The boot to 'home screen' is annoying but I'm presuming they'll allow us adjust that with SP1.
The implementation is uneven at times - a universal shortcut will work in one world but not in the other.  

Ath:
Windows GPL anyone? :P
-Renegade (November 20, 2012, 10:51 PM)
--- End quote ---
Maybe this? http://www.reactos.org

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version