Have you ever heard of a White Elephant Gift Exchangew
? I thought about doing a variant of it here, and wanted to see if there was any interest (and who would be interested) in doing one on DC to promote community among the members.
I was thinking of the following parameters:
- Nothing above $10
- Everything must be digital, with a code that can be PM'd to the receiver
- Everyone is randomly assigned a person
- One person is randomly chosen to start, and the person that they were gifted by is revealed.
- The next person then has their gifter revealed, and chooses whether to keep their gifter, or take one that was given before
- Two times through the list, with a maximum of two steals of any gift are possible
Afterwards, we can exchange the gift codes via PM. Depending on how many people are participating, there will probably be a time limit set on turns when your turn comes up. I was also thinking that we should set a limit on participants, i.e. those who have been members longer than 3 months or a certain number of posts, but I'm sort of torn on that, and in this planning wanted to get opinions from those that are participating.