ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Community Giveaways

DC Community Digital White Elephant

(1/2) > >>

wraith808:
Have you ever heard of a White Elephant Gift Exchangew?  I thought about doing a variant of it here, and wanted to see if there was any interest (and who would be interested) in doing one on DC to promote community among the members.

I was thinking of the following parameters:

* Nothing above $10
* Everything must be digital, with a code that can be PM'd to the receiver
* Everyone is randomly assigned a person
* One person is randomly chosen to start, and the person that they were gifted by is revealed.
* The next person then has their gifter revealed, and chooses whether to keep their gifter, or take one that was given before
* Two times through the list, with a maximum of two steals of any gift are possible
Afterwards, we can exchange the gift codes via PM.  Depending on how many people are participating, there will probably be a time limit set on turns when your turn comes up.  I was also thinking that we should set a limit on participants, i.e. those who have been members longer than 3 months or a certain number of posts, but I'm sort of torn on that, and in this planning wanted to get opinions from those that are participating.

Thoughts?  Interest?

tomos:
Sounds interesting.
I think I understand the practical aspects but I'm not sure about the actual gifts -
does it have to be a "white elephant" :-)

Would it mainly be games or software?

wraith808:
Software, Games, Gift Certificates... anything that can be distributed digitally.  And it's more about the game and interactions than the actual gifts :)

c.gingerich:
Sure, I'm in. I can offer one of my apps.  :Thmbsup: Sounds like fun.

rgdot:
Sounds very interesting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version