topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 10:46 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: A secret society uncovered 250 years later  (Read 13135 times)

Paul Keith

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: A secret society uncovered 250 years later
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2012, 04:32 AM »
In one sense, the only things secret cabals can do is use money to get power and use power to make more money, so they can have at it.
-TaoPhoenix

Incorrect.

Just limiting it to this statement instead of questions about any specific cabals or conspiracies:

If you follow this sense, you'll see money works first and foremost not to be spent but to be hoarded. Once it's hoarded, the only part about using money and getting power that deals with make more money is the part about make more people believe you make more money so they think their investments/salaries/economy is legitimate and safer to be acquired.

Even with public legal cabals...say corporations, it gets to the point where it's not about making money (that's a given) but preventing people from making choices besides ones that support them including setting up dangerous alternatives.

It's safe to predict then that a secret cabal would be more interested in your food, your milk, your capability to make torrenting more socially acceptable, your ability to block out news about US drone attacks, your ability to be on TV than your employment.

Follow that sense and you'll end up at the pump of low level corruption. Yes the root is different but can't fix "cabal genes" modified low level corruption if high level intervention exists and is invested more in maintaining modified low level corruption than you are at being grumpy of your employment.

Of course I'm not one to believe in secret cabals much less wasting time on them.  :P

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: A secret society uncovered 250 years later
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2012, 08:17 AM »
Hi Paul. I disagree and think all that still falls under my categories. I am placing no restrictions upon the timeframe that the money must be used, so if they hoard it for a while, that's in line too. Meanwhile there are scores of uses of power, and I am including all of them, whether it's making a billion per day on barley futures with the help of Monsanto or our more familiar **AA shenanigans.

I'm not exactly a sheep, but my perspective is that even if I could have an IQ of 230 for a day from some secret drug a la Flowers for Algernon, knowing that 1,984 people in 451 entities are all part of a big interlocked mess doesn't help me do anything productive. Milk is available between $2.50 and $5 a gallon ... so I buy it. If it's "supposed" to be $1 a gallon but some crazy conspiracy is pushing it to those prices, there's nothing I myself can do about it. So that's just how the world appears to this slightly-above-sheeple guy.