ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

A secret society uncovered 250 years later

<< < (5/6) > >>

MilesAhead:
Stuff like StoneHenge.
-MilesAhead (November 20, 2012, 12:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

Check out what one guy does up in Michigan: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCvx5gSnfW4

Of course a lot more was necessary for Stonehenge (the stone was quarried and transported a long distance from the site, and the placement was apparently quite precise and particular).  But still, after seeing what one guy can do with 'sticks and stones', it makes Stonehenge seem a lot less 'impossible'.
-mwb1100 (November 20, 2012, 01:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've seen similar "documentaries" about the statues on Easter Island. Supposedly some anthropologist dude with a few indigenous workers wielding axes made out of sharp stones roped to sticks cut the stone from the quarry and mounted several statues in a couple of weeks.  Obviously the anthropologist is a disinformation agent for the aliens. They don't want every Tom, Dick and Harry asking them to erect statues to the gods. I mean, look how many are on Easter Island alone?  The things would cover the globe!

TaoPhoenix:
That is seriously dark stuff, and a very deep rabbit hole.
-Renegade (November 20, 2012, 06:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

I dunno, it seemed all a little hollow to me after a while. I don't have any interest in "irrelevant" alien invaders from Atlantis who all died out or whatever. It's a bit like the tree falling in the forest with no one around. So for the moment I will assume any cabals are made of H. Sapiens.

Next, my interests in new age changed, and moved away from obscurity for its own sake. Astrology, Alchemy, Crystals, many kinds of rituals, and so on, don't seem to do much in my particular experience. My more recent interpretation of alternative materials is whether I can directly apply a principle to enhance my life in a provable external way.

As for interlocking cabals, I don't care about them either. They're essentially another "unprovable theory" in the context of every day life. In one sense, the only things secret cabals can do is use money to get power and use power to make more money, so they can have at it. Except maybe making my unemployment worse, cabal-musical-chairs doesn't really affect me, so I choose not to burn up mental energy on that maze. There's plenty of lower level corruption to get grumpy at.

So in the end, as I moved last week, in the process of pruning down my library collection I discarded my copies. I'm just out of energy to wade through them for concepts for my growth system. I'm sure there are some in there, but as of right now I don't think any of it will be "found there and nowhere else and be stunningly life changing."

superboyac:
That is seriously dark stuff, and a very deep rabbit hole.
-Renegade (November 20, 2012, 06:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

I dunno, it seemed all a little hollow to me after a while. I don't have any interest in "irrelevant" alien invaders from Atlantis who all died out or whatever. It's a bit like the tree falling in the forest with no one around. So for the moment I will assume any cabals are made of H. Sapiens.

Next, my interests in new age changed, and moved away from obscurity for its own sake. Astrology, Alchemy, Crystals, many kinds of rituals, and so on, don't seem to do much in my particular experience. My more recent interpretation of alternative materials is whether I can directly apply a principle to enhance my life in a provable external way.

As for interlocking cabals, I don't care about them either. They're essentially another "unprovable theory" in the context of every day life. In one sense, the only things secret cabals can do is use money to get power and use power to make more money, so they can have at it. Except maybe making my unemployment worse, cabal-musical-chairs doesn't really affect me, so I choose not to burn up mental energy on that maze. There's plenty of lower level corruption to get grumpy at.

So in the end, as I moved last week, in the process of pruning down my library collection I discarded my copies. I'm just out of energy to wade through them for concepts for my growth system. I'm sure there are some in there, but as of right now I don't think any of it will be "found there and nowhere else and be stunningly life changing."
-TaoPhoenix (November 20, 2012, 03:15 PM)
--- End quote ---
good post TP.

Tinman57:
  The first rule of the Masons, you don't talk about the Masons....    :P

MilesAhead:
  The first rule of the Masons, you don't talk about the Masons....    :P
-Tinman57 (November 20, 2012, 07:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Heh heh. I just hope they don't make their own soap and explosives from rich broads' Lipo Leftovers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version