ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2013

N.A.N.Y 2013 Submission - Super Simple Photo Resizer

<< < (4/5) > >>

Renegade:
How did you decide on what resizing algorithm to use?

...and what did you decide on? :)
-ewemoa (December 19, 2012, 06:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

That was very simple.

There are 2 different resizes happening:

1) Live preview
2) Saved image

The live preview uses low quality, fast resizing for a smoother UI. It reduces the CPU required. The live preview resizes as you do the resizing, so it's important for it to be fast. (I forget if I did another high quality update after the resize...)

For saving, high quality bicubic is used. Basically, maximum quality.

I use it all the time whenever I post a pic to Facebook or need to resize a picture because it's just faster & easier than fiddling with menus and buttons and whatever. I just wanted to get things done fast. I also like high quality resizing. :D

But, the decisions there were purely about getting maximum quality output and minimum CPU usage when previewing.

ewemoa:
Thanks for the explanation  :up:

cmpm:
@Marcel25,
You may want to check this out from freewaregenius.
For batch resizing.

http://www.freewaregenius.com/variedrop-makes-resizing-and-converting-images-as-easy-as-dragging-and-dropping/

A few other nice programs in the software link in 'the program page'.

Renegade:
Just an FYI - I've updated the license there, so they're basically unlimited now. I'd forgotten to remove that restriction. Just stick it in again:

ZQSZ-7VE4-F3UE-ZPM7-DG99-A2UN-K4BA-8FY8-Y6CJ-UZS6-PQ5A-BR8U-C783-ND45-DRRM-RG54-7HC4-YQBE-QW56-QUX8-TGKL-6SJ3-BGQX-K54W-KTD8-2QCV-435M-ZYJU-9GM5-9J26-6793-C7G6

dgreenlees:
Just an FYI - I've updated the license there, so they're basically unlimited now. I'd forgotten to remove that restriction. Just stick it in again:

ZQSZ-7VE4-F3UE-ZPM7-DG99-A2UN-K4BA-8FY8-Y6CJ-UZS6-PQ5A-BR8U-C783-ND45-DRRM-RG54-7HC4-YQBE-QW56-QUX8-TGKL-6SJ3-BGQX-K54W-KTD8-2QCV-435M-ZYJU-9GM5-9J26-6793-C7G6

-Renegade (January 13, 2013, 08:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for your program; just to let you know of a couple of points I noticed when I started using it.

- I tried entering this license key but got an error message that it had been used too many times!

- I also tried changing the quick save preferences: the resize file name saves ok, but the cropped file name does not save changes and always reverts to default.

Cheers!  :beerchug:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version