ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

In a change of fortunes, MS implores developers not to make Webkit the new IE6

<< < (2/3) > >>

wraith808:
Sheep come in different breeds - each blindly convinced of its superiority to all other breeds.
-40hz (November 17, 2012, 10:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

Point taken :)

40hz:
Sheep come in different breeds - each blindly convinced of its superiority to all other breeds.
-40hz (November 17, 2012, 10:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

Point taken :)
-wraith808 (November 17, 2012, 12:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

As was yours btw.  :)

And you're absolutely right - you do get what you ask for more often than not. And in the absence of us forming our own opinions, there's a pestiferous host of highly paid people who will be more than happy to provide us with as many "prefab opinions" and foregone conclusions as needed.

Baaaaa!!! :Thmbsup: ;D

barney:
<satire> Aw  :P!  C'mon you wimps   :-* :P.  Why should you form your own opinion when there are so many expert opinions available to us all.? </satire>
Actually, I agree with MS' plea/argument, although not for MS' reasons.  As, apparently, do you all (y'all if you're southern ... read southren).  But our meager opinions are unlikely to sway the course of history.  (Although, I'm not so certain about the success(es) of those prefab opinions, y'know?)

This is a trend which, like most trends, is likely to burn itself out ... the dilemma, if I may call it that, is, "When will this be over?"

But, then, what do I know?  How dast I oppose the current currents?  Well, I dast.  So should we all.

Renegade:
<satire> Aw  :P!  C'mon you wimps   :-* :P.  Why should you form your own opinion when there are so many expert opinions available to us all.? </satire>
Actually, I agree with MS' plea/argument, although not for MS' reasons.  As, apparently, do you all (y'all if you're southern ... read southren).  But our meager opinions are unlikely to sway the course of history.  (Although, I'm not so certain about the success(es) of those prefab opinions, y'know?)

This is a trend which, like most trends, is likely to burn itself out ... the dilemma, if I may call it that, is, "When will this be over?"

But, then, what do I know?  How dast I oppose the current currents?  Well, I dast.  So should we all.
-barney (November 19, 2012, 10:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Wouldn't it just be nice if Microsoft would just embrace Webkit and then extend it? :P

barney:
Wouldn't it just be nice if Microsoft would just embrace Webkit and then extend it? :P
-Renegade (November 20, 2012, 06:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

Now, that is the impossible dream, methinks  :-\.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version