topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 7:21 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Having trouble installing and using plugins  (Read 3259 times)

sereby

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Having trouble installing and using plugins
« on: November 19, 2012, 05:10 PM »
I'm new to FARR. I recently switched over from Launchy - I had been using Launchy for years, but recently discovered a bug that I can't get any help with.

Anyway, one of the features of Launchy that I used very often was its built-in calculator; essentially, you just enter a mathematical expression and it calculates on the fly. I've been digging through this forum and Googling around for an answer, but it seems that the same type of functionality is not available natively in FARR. So, I downloaded and installed the CZB Pack. It's all unzipped in FARR's plugins directory, but none of the plugins show up in FARR's Plugins and Updates dialog.

So, did I do something wrong in the way that I installed the plugins? And, how do you get Gcalc to work? The help file that came with the CZB Pack is very mysterious to me with its instruction to "Type the text for 'New Tiddler'"

I appreciate any help!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Having trouble installing and using plugins
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 06:58 PM »
The CZB pack can do some very cool things, but it's unusual and can be confusing to set up.
In addition to installing the CZB pack itself, which it sounds like you did fine, you also need to install the FSubScript plugin:
http://czb.dcmembers...cript/FSubScript.zip

Only then will the plugins like jscalc respond.

If you look back at the original CZB Pack post you'll see that listed in the "Requirements" fineprint.. A bit hard to spot.

JSCalc is quite powerful and will let you create your own functions, but you could also try my fcalc calculator plugin:
https://www.donation...dex.php?topic=8769.0

It's a little more straightforward, with less bells and whistles but it does a good job with the basics.

Just type "fc EXPRESSION" to trigger it.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 08:23 AM by mouser »

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 01:55 AM »
It's maybe also worth noting that the easiest way to install some plugins is using the DC Updater program (also by mouser), and fcalc being one of them.

sereby

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 08:04 AM »
mouser, thanks very much for the help! I installed the FSubScript plugin, but before I even tried out any of the CZB Pack I tried your fcalc plugin - works GREAT!

phitsc, I didn't know about the DC Updater - got it!