ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Gmail Makes It Easier To Find Large Messages

(1/1)

anandcoral:
Just read it http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/you-can-now-more-easily-search-for-gmail-messages-by-size-and-date-updates/

Well at least now Google have accepted that users need to check for their email size. I have being using OE as a helper for marking the big size emails and deleting or labeling them. Now it will be much easier to find them using combination of searches from GMail.

Now a 'lab' option to 'Show email size' will complete the issue, at least in non-conversation view.

Regards,

Anand

IainB:
Yes, sorry, I might have posted this in the wrong place:
I just spotted this in my Google Reader: Finding Large Attachments and Emails in Google Mail/Gmail
You don't really need the script.
I didn't know enough about Gmail search to realise that it could be that simple.     :-[
-IainB (November 09, 2012, 04:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

I read a statement somewhere that the "size:" search term was "an undocumented feature" in Gmail search. However, when I looked in the Help notes I saw that it is included (I don't recall having seen it or the date search terms before though). The Help has recently been updated, so maybe it was undocumented previously.
In any event, it always seemed rather strange to me that Gmail search didn't have these kinds of search terms, seeing as Google would probably tout itself as the de facto King of Search.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version