topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 3:30 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Gmail Makes It Easier To Find Large Messages  (Read 2070 times)

anandcoral

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Free Portable Apps
    • Donate to Member
Gmail Makes It Easier To Find Large Messages
« on: November 16, 2012, 06:06 AM »
Just read it http://www.makeuseof...ze-and-date-updates/

Well at least now Google have accepted that users need to check for their email size. I have being using OE as a helper for marking the big size emails and deleting or labeling them. Now it will be much easier to find them using combination of searches from GMail.

Now a 'lab' option to 'Show email size' will complete the issue, at least in non-conversation view.

Regards,

Anand

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Gmail Makes It Easier To Find Large Messages
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 07:01 AM »
Yes, sorry, I might have posted this in the wrong place:
I just spotted this in my Google Reader: Finding Large Attachments and Emails in Google Mail/Gmail
You don't really need the script.
I didn't know enough about Gmail search to realise that it could be that simple.     :-[

I read a statement somewhere that the "size:" search term was "an undocumented feature" in Gmail search. However, when I looked in the Help notes I saw that it is included (I don't recall having seen it or the date search terms before though). The Help has recently been updated, so maybe it was undocumented previously.
In any event, it always seemed rather strange to me that Gmail search didn't have these kinds of search terms, seeing as Google would probably tout itself as the de facto King of Search.