ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

It's about ... the clock (mouser)

(1/2) > >>

barney:
Mouser,

I'm in CST, currently at ~2230 hours.

From your post:

Gadget Fridays
« on: Today at 15:09:37 »
The first Gadget Friday starts in 3 hours!
(remember, you can't post on any other day except when forum time, in upper-right corner of page, says it's a Friday).
« Last Edit: Today at 15:54:51 by mouser »
--- End quote ---

If it starts in three (3) hours, then your clock should be showing something like 2100 hours.  However, the forum clock shows this entry at 15:09:37, last edit at 15:41:51 hours, or close on to 1600 hours (4 PM).  There's a dichotomy 'tween your statement and that timestamp.  I'm [more than usually] confused.

Wouldn't have brought it up, except that this has been bugging me for a while.  Is that timestamp local to the server's location, to my profile, or ...?

If it's tied to my profile, then the timestamp on this should be ~2250.

Edit:

Time stamp is GMT, not GMT-6 as specified in my profile.  The date shows according to my profile specs, and the Current forum time: displays correctly while I'm in my profile, but reverts to GMT (UTC?) when I exit.

2nd edit:
Actually, that's wrong.  The timestamp on the post shows GMT+6.  Now I'm really confused.

Renegade:
Check your settings in your profile. That could be it.

barney:
Reread the post, Renegade  :P :P :P.

Renegade:
Reread the post, Renegade  :P :P :P.
-barney (November 15, 2012, 11:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ooops.

You sure? I had my timezone set long ago when I lived in a different one. Updated it - it's fine now.

Try refreshing.

ED.

It's working fine here. The forum time is right there - which is the SERVER time, and not MY time.

Also, make sure to adjust for DST if you need to.

Stoic Joker:
Hm... the offset appears to be from server time, not (the assumed usual) GMT. While my board time is correct I'm only using an offset of 1. I'm EST(/DST) vs. the server's local CST (e.g. +1 off). But normally I should be using GMT -5 to get the correct time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version