ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Gadget WEEKENDS

<< < (96/121) > >>

app103:
I recently acquired some stuff, either as gifts or purchased myself...

Since I wore out the left click micro switch on my Logitech G700s, and I don't feel confident enough to replace the switch myself, I upgraded to a Logitech MX Master 2s.

Gadget WEEKENDS

The Flow software is an awesome experience, allowing you to use the same mouse, seamlessly between multiple computers (up to 3) and can copy & paste text, images, and files between them, providing they are all on the same network. It also can copy & paste between a Windows PC and a Mac. That one feature, alone, makes this mouse worth it.

It also has a side scroll wheel, which is great for spreadsheets.

---------------------------

I also now own a mechanical keyboard, a Corsair K95 RGB Platinum.  (Thanks, Dad!) 8)

Gadget WEEKENDS

Added Bluetooth support to my 11 year old Dell Vostro 410 with this little thing:

Gadget WEEKENDS

A pair of coffee grinders, for regular & decaf. (Thanks, Dad!) My daughter says I should have labeled them BZZZT and zzzzzz.  ;D

Gadget WEEKENDS

And 6 pairs of these shelves, which are the perfect size for the larger bulk size herbs & spices. I haven't installed them yet, but once I do, I will have the biggest spice rack on the planet.  :D

Gadget WEEKENDS

And a vintage can opener from the late '70's or early '80's (new in box), that has a built in knife sharpener. It's the grinding wheel type that's powered by the can opener's motor, which you don't see in newer can openers any more. Yes, it gets your knives plenty sharp. I had one just like it, years ago, and always regretted getting rid of it when I moved to an apartment with a much smaller kitchen, opting for one of those crappy space saving cordless ones with the wall mountable charger. Rather than spending the rest of my life regretting it, I finally went ahead and got another one.

Gadget WEEKENDS Gadget WEEKENDS

cranioscopical:
Finally found my next PC...

SpoilerOverclockersUK is selling a gaming PC that costs almost as much as a Tesla Model 3: for $43,000, filthy rich enthusiasts get a tower that is actually two systems in one, comprising three NVIDIA Titan RTX GPUs, a liquid-cooled and overclocked 18C/36T Intel Core i9-7890XE and 8C/8T i9-9700K, 144GB of DDR4 RAM, eight 2TB Samsung SSDs, and a 2000W power supply.

link.

Shades:
Finally found my next PC...

SpoilerOverclockersUK is selling a gaming PC that costs almost as much as a Tesla Model 3: for $43,000, filthy rich enthusiasts get a tower that is actually two systems in one, comprising three NVIDIA Titan RTX GPUs, a liquid-cooled and overclocked 18C/36T Intel Core i9-7890XE and 8C/8T i9-9700K, 144GB of DDR4 RAM, eight 2TB Samsung SSDs, and a 2000W power supply.

link.

-cranioscopical (February 24, 2019, 07:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not even one i9 9900K CPU for that "kings ransom"? That price difference won't break the bank for the people wanting to purchase such a computer. Because with that amount of "horsepower" you want to game on it. Half of it already makes for a monster of a workstation for practically any task.

Heavier workloads should be run on purpose-built servers anyway.

mouser:
Got myself a new wireless headset for the computer.

It's a logitech G533:

https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/products/gaming-audio/g533-wireless-gaming-headset.html

purchased from Amazon for about $75 (https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G533-Wireless-Gaming-Headset-x/dp/B01MXE0FKC)

I like it.  It has good range, feels comfortable, has no leather/pleather but fabric instead (this is important because the older pleahter headsets I have had have all disintegrated over time).  Nice physical on off switch on the headset, along with a swivel down microphone for chat/gaming.

It is *NOT* bluetooth.  I actually have a different bluetooth headset and transmitter for my stereo, and don't have serious complaints about it, but it IS a bit more fussy in terms of connecting between the base and headset whenever you turn it on.  For my pc, I wanted something that was easier.

This is a nice small usb stick I just plug in when I want to use the headset and it instantly connects, no muss no fuss.  Unplug the usb stick to disconnect.

Overall, I'm quite happy with it.  :up:

A couple more neat features:  Compact mic folds up out of the way and when it's up it automatically mutes.

UPDATE 5/21/19 - After a few weeks with them I am quite happy.  There are some small details you don't realize are important.  For example these headsets have an easy to access, clearly visible, on off switch.  Another bluetooth headset i have uses one awkward button you push and hold to turn on and off.  You'd be surprised at how much more functional and easy the physical on off button is.. Huge usability difference.

Deozaan:
This is a nice small usb stick I just plug in when I want to use the headset and it instantly connects, no muss no fuss.  Unplug the usb stick to disconnect.
-mouser (May 03, 2019, 07:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

Can you use it wired with just the power cable? Or do you need 2 USB ports, one for the wireless dongle, and one for the charging cable?

Wireless is nice when you need to get up and move away from your PC, but I use my headset 99%+ of the time while seated at my PC and hate the inevitable connectivity issues that occur with wireless headsets.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version