topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • March 22, 2019, 07:07 PM
  • Proudly celebrating 13 years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Gadget WEEKENDS  (Read 236079 times)

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Gadget WEEKENDS
« Reply #475 on: February 10, 2019, 05:53 AM »
I recently acquired some stuff, either as gifts or purchased myself...

Since I wore out the left click micro switch on my Logitech G700s, and I don't feel confident enough to replace the switch myself, I upgraded to a Logitech MX Master 2s.

71m+CRcfBZL._SL1500_.jpgGadget WEEKENDS

The Flow software is an awesome experience, allowing you to use the same mouse, seamlessly between multiple computers (up to 3) and can copy & paste text, images, and files between them, providing they are all on the same network. It also can copy & paste between a Windows PC and a Mac. That one feature, alone, makes this mouse worth it.

It also has a side scroll wheel, which is great for spreadsheets.

---------------------------

I also now own a mechanical keyboard, a Corsair K95 RGB Platinum.  (Thanks, Dad!) 8)

71xLppV48dL._SL1500_.jpgGadget WEEKENDS

Added Bluetooth support to my 11 year old Dell Vostro 410 with this little thing:

81VI2lbb8+L._SL1500_.jpgGadget WEEKENDS

A pair of coffee grinders, for regular & decaf. (Thanks, Dad!) My daughter says I should have labeled them BZZZT and zzzzzz.  ;D

2019-01-07 10.08.16.jpgGadget WEEKENDS

And 6 pairs of these shelves, which are the perfect size for the larger bulk size herbs & spices. I haven't installed them yet, but once I do, I will have the biggest spice rack on the planet.  :D

91wO9Iu-xIL._SL1500_.jpgGadget WEEKENDS

And a vintage can opener from the late '70's or early '80's (new in box), that has a built in knife sharpener. It's the grinding wheel type that's powered by the can opener's motor, which you don't see in newer can openers any more. Yes, it gets your knives plenty sharp. I had one just like it, years ago, and always regretted getting rid of it when I moved to an apartment with a much smaller kitchen, opting for one of those crappy space saving cordless ones with the wall mountable charger. Rather than spending the rest of my life regretting it, I finally went ahead and got another one.

s-l1600.jpgGadget WEEKENDS s-l1600 (1).jpgGadget WEEKENDS
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 06:15 AM by app103 »

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #476 on: February 24, 2019, 07:29 AM »
Finally found my next PC...

Spoiler
OverclockersUK is selling a gaming PC that costs almost as much as a Tesla Model 3: for $43,000, filthy rich enthusiasts get a tower that is actually two systems in one, comprising three NVIDIA Titan RTX GPUs, a liquid-cooled and overclocked 18C/36T Intel Core i9-7890XE and 8C/8T i9-9700K, 144GB of DDR4 RAM, eight 2TB Samsung SSDs, and a 2000W power supply.

link.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 07:36 AM by cranioscopical »

Shades

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #477 on: February 24, 2019, 08:28 PM »
Finally found my next PC...

Spoiler
OverclockersUK is selling a gaming PC that costs almost as much as a Tesla Model 3: for $43,000, filthy rich enthusiasts get a tower that is actually two systems in one, comprising three NVIDIA Titan RTX GPUs, a liquid-cooled and overclocked 18C/36T Intel Core i9-7890XE and 8C/8T i9-9700K, 144GB of DDR4 RAM, eight 2TB Samsung SSDs, and a 2000W power supply.

link.

-cranioscopical (February 24, 2019, 07:29 AM)

Not even one i9 9900K CPU for that "kings ransom"? That price difference won't break the bank for the people wanting to purchase such a computer. Because with that amount of "horsepower" you want to game on it. Half of it already makes for a monster of a workstation for practically any task.

Heavier workloads should be run on purpose-built servers anyway.