ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Gadget WEEKENDS

<< < (57/121) > >>

Deozaan:
HMDX Jam Plus Portable Speaker (Blue)

Great for my Nexus 7 (2013) tablet, because even though it has stereo sound already, the speakers aren't great quality and sound a bit "tinny".
-Deozaan (September 20, 2013, 07:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

I realized a problem with these speakers: They won't work well for helping my tablet's speakers when watching a movie or videos because the sound is slightly delayed. I'm sure this is more a problem with bluetooth/wireless speakers in general and not really a complaint specific to these particular speakers. But I didn't realize at the time that the audio and video wouldn't be synced, so I guess they're mostly only good for listening to music or other audio that doesn't have accompanying video. That's kind of a bummer.

Oh well, they work well bringing my music into my car with me, since my car only has a non-working cassette player and I can't stand listening to the radio (if it even works in my car...).

tomos:
I realized a problem with these speakers: They won't work well for helping my tablet's speakers when watching a movie or videos because the sound is slightly delayed.
-Deozaan (September 22, 2013, 03:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm presuming you can connect one directly, but wondering:
When you have two of them playing stereo, can you connect them up directly (to the one socket)?

Deozaan:
I'm presuming you can connect one directly, but wondering:
When you have two of them playing stereo, can you connect them up directly (to the one socket)?
-tomos (September 22, 2013, 04:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

You can connect them directly with wires, but only the speaker that is connected will play that way. Or in other words, it will be mono. (Though it would probably still sound better than my tablet's speakers, and most Android devices only have a single speaker anyway, so it's not really that bad.)

Maybe if I had a special splitter cable thingy that would take an output and split it into left and right audio channels I could do it. But that kind of defeats the purpose of the nice wireless speaker setup.

cmpm:
Fast Tech is a place I found recently.
http://www.fasttech.com/
Quality seems good so far for the few items I ordered.
Picked up a pack of Gillette Fusion razor blade cartridges really cheap.
Ships from China, so, depending on where you are in the world, it could take a few weeks to get your stuff.
And rumor is that this is about "knockoffs". So take some care....full shopping.
Personally I think it's a back door to some name brand items already made in China.

Anyway, it is a gadget place...

ewemoa:
Replaced a screwdriver set recently with the following set:

Gadget WEEKENDS

JK 6089C (Amazon Links 1 2)

It far exceeds what I was using before (which was really no good).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version