ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Gadget WEEKENDS

<< < (32/122) > >>

app103:
Don't do crafts in your bare feet, either. I had a gun malfunction once and the trigger got stuck, with a lot of hot glue all over the place, dripping onto my foot.

I did that same dance.  ;D

Then there is that other dance, the one that goes with crazy glue + nylon.

Renegade:
Here's a useful, super-ultra-mega-mondo-giga-killer-uber-sexy low tech little tidbit that works perfectly for helping to arrange NANY mugs under overhead cupboards:

Hook screws~! ;D

I just put up a couple more in the kitchen for pots & pans as well.

mouser:
Hook screws -- great gadget -- I have them all over.  A must for anyone obsessed with utilizing space fully.

cranioscopical:
Hook screws~! ;D -Renegade (February 09, 2013, 02:53 AM)
--- End quote ---
Screw hooks… use nails!  :o

mouser:
Ok my gadget for today is a cordless vacuum cleaner with beater brush.

I've posted before about the Swiffer Sweeper Vac, which is great for pet hair and dust on hardwood.

This gadget is more for carpet and rugs -- especially if you have pet hair.

There are a few of these models out there, and I've owned two.

The one I have now is a Hoover Linx cordless, which retails for about $150 but which I got for $50 on ebay because it was half-broken.

Previously I had a black+decker one that was almost as good.

The key feature of this device is that it is cordless, which for me means I'm actually likely to use it -- as I hate dealing with cords.  And that it has a motorized beater brush, which is essential for rugs/carpets.

You should know that in terms of suction, a cordless vacuum does not even come close to the power of a corded model -- in fact I would go so far as to say that the cordless models are virtually useless as a replacement vacuum for hard flooring work (i'd prefer the swiffer sweeper), BUT if you have carpet/rug and want something to regularly pick up pet hair, the motorized beater brushes work well and these are very useful devices.  So again, this is a narrow use gadget in my opinion, but one that does it's particular job well and with extreme convenience.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version