ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Gadget WEEKENDS

<< < (30/122) > >>

f0dder:
But for kitchen messes, not having to use your hands is a great benefit.-mouser (February 01, 2013, 12:07 AM)
--- End quote ---
How do you open it then? I assume there's some sensor you need to trigger?

My kitchen trash can is old-fashioned... hands-free foot-pedal :)

mouser:
Yeah there's a sensor on the lid -- when you stand in front of it, it triggers.  Battery (or ac adapter) powered.

Renegade:
I had a rough week. An utterly insane workload ran me into the ground as I rushed to get it done with no time to do anything except eat some crappy instant food, which I'm not used to. Anyways, I ran myself sick into the ground, but have finally managed to pull myself up a bit and got back to cooking some food with some actual nutrition yesterday and today. Which brings me to my wonderful little gadget that saved me oh so much time and made cooking so much easier and faster and made me feel better and wonderful and rainbows shot out of the electric sockets into my eyes filling me with psychadelic mystical powers of getting ready to cook and eat and blather on mindlessly about nothing in particular that you would or would not be interested in reading or possibly even viewing as in viewing video and opposed to viewing images as in still images from a camera or more specifically usually a product web site or...

:P

I decided to make a quick video of it instead of a stock picture. (Cooking Thai curry tonight! :D NOM NOM NOM~!)

It's a simple 1-touch, hands free (mostly) can opener. Pretty simple.

To tell the truth, I have no idea why I bought it. I think it's just because it has this novelty factor to it and I love gadgets and mechanical stuff and snakes and snails and puppy dog tails... ;D

mouser:
Cute.

Here's another one from me, that I've written about before, the Dymo label printer.

They make a few different models -- I have the cheap old one (I guess closest new model is the model450 for $100 but you can probably find older ones on ebay cheap).  It's extremely convenient and easy to use.
http://sites.dymo.com/Solutions/Pages/Seg_cat_lndg.aspx?SegmentName=Office%28DYMO_US1%29&cat=Office_LabelWriterPrinters%28DYMO_US1%29

I'd recommend this to anyone who manually writes envelope address labels more than a couple times each month.

Tinman57:
  The Do Not Call List just sucks, so I just bought one of these....

Blocked calls are hungup on after Caller ID is received
Invited calls ring through like normal with Caller ID displayed on phone
3-Line Display shows Name, Number, Time, Date, Total and New Calls
Wildcarding of selective area codes, exchanges and trunk groups
80 memory slots for blocking whole area codes or single numbers

http://www.amazon.com/Digitone-DCB10-Call-Blocker/dp/B009RVYEZ0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359938555&sr=8-1&keywords=DIGITONE+Call+Blocker+10

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version