ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Gadget WEEKENDS

<< < (12/122) > >>

vrgrrl:
I used to have that milk frother too!! But trust me...mine is much better! ;)

barney:
I've used this stuff for decades, albeit by a different name though.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prestik
-NigelH (November 24, 2012, 04:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, great for impromptu stuff.  Used it to tack up reference pages near the computer, and frequently to tack up blueprint-like drawings when working in the garage/woodshop.  Also handy to hang a printed recipe on a kitchen cabinet.  And it works well to secure small tools and parts in a convenient, albeit untypical, location.  'Bout the only thing it cannot help with is sex  :P.

app103:
Now I've owned espresso machines that have come with milk frothers but they always end up gunking up like mad and it's the first thing to go.
-vrgrrl (November 24, 2012, 04:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

A trick I learned from working in a deluxe Dunkin Donuts that had a $20,000 combo espresso machine/milk frother (this was before the awful stuff the chain now calls espresso was introduced):

Always use skim milk.

Using anything else would gunk up the machine and cause it to break down. If the boss caught you using whole milk, 2%, 1% or light cream, it was grounds for immediate dismissal.

vrgrrl:
That's good to know April about the skim milk -- I always use it anyway! No wonder I have fewer problems!

Renegade:
Now I've owned espresso machines that have come with milk frothers but they always end up gunking up like mad and it's the first thing to go.
-vrgrrl (November 24, 2012, 04:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

A trick I learned from working in a deluxe Dunkin Donuts that had a $20,000 combo espresso machine/milk frother (this was before the awful stuff the chain now calls espresso was introduced):

Always use skim milk.

Using anything else would gunk up the machine and cause it to break down. If the boss caught you using whole milk, 2%, 1% or light cream, it was grounds for immediate dismissal.
-app103 (November 24, 2012, 06:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've never had a problem using full cream milk.

My espresso machine has a milk frother built in, and as long as I clean it properly, I have zero problems. It has a tool to clean the spout (a glorified straight paperclip). The nozzle unscrews, so it can be cleaned like that as well.

One thing that I do is to run steam through it after I've used it. This flushes out anything that has gotten up into the pipes there.

Does skim milk froth better? I tried some different milk, but forget which worked best. I only buy full cream milk now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version