Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 17, 2014, 08:35:19 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2012! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Before you start the PHP Assignments  (Read 9795 times)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: April 20, 2006, 07:37:35 AM »

To do these assignments you are really going to need access to a web account (with a database for the more advanced assignments).

Perhaps we can set up a test server for people to use if people need this, or someone can volunteer some space and databases.

Alternatively, you could install php and mysql on your local pc, but then you wouldn't be able to post a live link for us to test.
allen

Powered by Beard

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 09:08:08 AM »

I'd be willing to provide some resources -- I can offer php 4 or 5.  What I may do is set up a web based sandbox rather than worry about accounts for everyone -- which would work for less complicated things that didn't require a lot of external file dependencies.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 09:45:20 AM »

that would be really cool.
allen

Powered by Beard

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 10:14:28 PM »

Ok, a rudimentary sandbox is now available here.  Feel free to repost/sticky as necessary, mouser.  A mysql database will also be provided in a day or two.

It doesn't restrict file type, so it's appropriate for all web technologies.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 10:20:26 PM by allen » Logged
Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 11:16:53 PM »

It seems the sandbox is not functioning correctly anymore. . .

mitzevo
Supporting Member

Control is power

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2007, 12:21:25 AM »

It's working now, I just tried accessing it and it's working fine..
http://dcschool.theprawn.com/mouser/dogs.php

lol  Grin

The clock is running. Make the most of today. Time waits for no man. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.
allen