ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Change name of particular file in all occurrences on hard disk

<< < (6/7) > >>

Ath:
been using Virtual Box (VBox).  It was picked up by Cisco, but they haven't ruined it ... yet
-barney (November 16, 2012, 01:30 AM)
--- End quote ---
:huh: Isn't that Oracle? (www.virtualbox.org, check page-footer)

barney:
been using Virtual Box (VBox).  It was picked up by Cisco, but they haven't ruined it ... yet
-barney (November 16, 2012, 01:30 AM)
--- End quote ---
:huh: Isn't that Oracle? (www.virtualbox.org, check page-footer)
-Ath (November 16, 2012, 01:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah  :-[.  Hit the wrong shortcut key(s)  :-[.  Some days, just nuthin' goes right <sigh />.

Ath:
@nkormanik: What f0dder said:
Also, almost forgot: what's the symptoms when you try to launch the application? If it's a "Windows failed to load JVM.DLL" kinda message, it might be as simple as a x64 vs x86 JRE version issue.
-f0dder (November 14, 2012, 02:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
You have (also) installed the x86 version of Java I assume? It sure looks like the SAS application is x86, and those are not capable of loading a x64 edition of the Java dll's. (If the application just shells out to a Java.exe then it would have worked as expected.)

Best suggestion for this direction so far is that it runs fine on Windows XP. It's highly unlikely that you are running XP x64, and unlike other software, Java needs to be installed in the bitness (x86/x64) of the application trying to use it, not the OS. On my x64 Windows I only have x86 Java installed, as I use no application(s) that require a x64 JVM.

NB: Full-blown Java applications shouldn't care nor matter what edition of the JVM is installed, except that the x64 edition has more memory available for applications.

nkormanik:
Good point to check on.  Indeed, x86.  SAS says that even if you have an x64 system, to still use x86 Java and JVM.

As I may have mentioned above, SAS installed fine on a second hard disk in same system via dual-boot.  So problem is not the hardware.  Nor basic drivers present.  As those remain constant.

f0dder:
Maybe an OS issue, maybe a hardware issue, we never did pin it down, but we were leaning toward hardware before we quit - not enough return for the effort  :-\.-barney (November 15, 2012, 11:28 PM)
--- End quote ---
Never attribute to hardware that which can be attributed to retarded enterprise application developers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version