ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Two classes of membership here?

<< < (10/15) > >>

clean:
Quote from: Renegade on November 15, 2012, 07:45:23 PM
"So far, I'm quite happy with Synergy."
Already considered to donate for their work?

Spot on, Bartels, so no wonder they immediately closed the thread.

And there's so much dumbness here, it's a real pity that any time something deliberately illogical but oh so funny comes about (from Bartels here, not Gunnar but Michael, goo school, no irony, I appreciate a lot!), they invariably come with their menaces of throwing out. But I think there's a deeper reason: 90 p.c. (ok, let's make it 85, and I've always savoured many of 40hz' posts I must say, among some others') of what you can read here is a little bit dumb, so there might be a bit of envy playing a role.

Anyway, this total mix-up of "donations" for the functioning of a forum - outrageous: some even ask you to "donate" for your posts / account being deleted! -, "donations" for some obscure sw that obviously doesn't find its way into a real market - not worth even let's say 8 bucks apiece? -, and then, even asking for "donations" for unwanted sw, in order to twice "donate" for the right of express yourself in a forum, is not only chaotic and de-focused, but profoundly unhealthy as a business scheme. What do they call it, "voodoo marketing". "Original" but not in a pleasant way.

Oh my, mankind without lotsa denial, that seems to be unimaginable, even among people proud of their logic. (Religious belief is a similar flaw in many otherwise intelligent people, then - oops, no politics here!)

So they don't but have to close down this thread, too.

joiwind:
^  ;D ;D ;D

40hz:
@clean - glad you enjoyed some of my posts (assuming you were being sincere) but you've sort of lost me with what you're saying in the above. And possibly you've missed out on some of what's being said.

Here's how I see what's going down here...

You irked more than a few people by implying that there were different levels of membership when there are not. I'm not sure where you got that impression, but people responded because that runs counter the experience of virtually everybody (I say virtually because not every member registered on this site responded) at DoCo.

Regarding BartlesMedia, there seems to be some ongoing feud running on the web between people on either side of whatever issues are involved. Some of them have surfaced in DoCo forums at various times. We've all heard from both parties and our conclusion is that for whatever reason it's going on, DoCo's forum is not an appropriate venue for slugging it out in. Many of us here are frankly quite tired of hearing it. Especially since it occasionally reemerges despite repeated requests it be taken elsewhere. So if you aren't one of the parties involved in that apparently ongoing spat, I'm sorry that you might have felt jumped on about some your comments. Suffice to say it's not a good topic for discussion here. And whenever it comes up most of us start gritting our teeth waiting for that nonsense to start up once again.

Please understand we're not an advocacy group or a consumer affairs council - or really much of anything else beyond being a group of friends having a conversation. And much like any group of friends, there's just some topics we don't feel like constantly revisiting. And there's only so many times you can politely say "that's not my problem" or "I really don't want to get involved with this" before the tone of voice starts getting a little sharper. So if you stepped into that unawares try not to take it as a direct rebuke. In this case, people are reacting far more to the topic than they are to you. It happens. And many of us have inadvertently pushed hot buttons around here now and then.

But that's always a risk when you come in cold to any established community. Until you've been around long enough to get the lay of the land there's always the chance you'll innocently bump into something that sometimes sets people off or dredges up a bad memory. If it is innocent, just make note of it and move past it. Especially here, where memories for annoyances tend to be very short if the annoyance was a one-time thing.

Beyond this, there really isn't much else I can say. Hope this helps clarify a few things. And if I failed - well...it wouldn't be the first time. At least I tried.
 :)

And btw - welcome back! I was afraid we might not see you again. And that would have been a real shame. :)

wraith808:
And... I'm not sure it was mouser that closed the thread.  That seems... unlike him.  And I don't really see a reason to close it, as it did serve a use.  Sometimes people get fed up and overzealous.  I think this was a case of that...

40hz:
^Agree w/wraith on that one. Wouldn't be surprised to see the lock removed before long.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version