ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Well, I got it: Nokia Lumia 920, Windows 8

<< < (14/19) > >>

superboyac:
I photos are very good, a couple of people even mentioned so to me.  How much better?  I don't know, I know the iphone is pretty good also.  I'd say it might be a little better than that.

Video: pretty damn good, wow.  This thing records crisp full 1080p videos.  That's pretty awesome for a phone.  I have a good 1080p digital camcorder, and there is a significant difference, but probably a lot less than I expected.  Huge files.  If you want, I'd be interested in you recording a 2-3 minute best quality video clip, and share how your skydrive syncing went.

allen:
I hadn't noticed the "Uploads" section previously, so I hadn't stalked my photos. I just let it happen in the background. Now that I've got a video uploading I have an observation: the uploads section sucks, at least for big files. It doesn't have any sort of progress indicator. If there was a % on there somewhere, that would be great, otherwise the queue doesn't do an awful lot of good except to tell you that you have a queue.

Oh, it finished! It was a minute clip, about 200 megs, and it took 6 or 7 minutes to upload over wifi. No problems to report. Had I not been stalking the download dialog for the purpose of this test it would have been a better experience, quietly in the background. But at (at least) 6 minutes a pop, I can see how several videos would tie up your skydrive sync for a while. My takeaway is, I'm turning off video uploading. Should I make a video, I'll plug it in to my pc.

In general, I've been very disappointed in the Windows 8 sync app (coming from Zune, which I still think is the unsung best-ever media platform), but they did one thing right--that app will automatically drop everything in your skydrive folder if you have it installed so it ends up backed up on the cloud. (Apparently I had the foresight to set my skydrive photos as my default folder in my "Photos" collection)

superboyac:
My takeaway is, I'm turning off video uploading. Should I make a video, I'll plug it in to my pc.
-allen (November 19, 2012, 10:24 PM)
--- End quote ---
How would you get it off the phone and on the pc?  windows explorer?

allen:
No man, that's way too manual. The "Windows Phone" Windows 8 app auto-syncs content when plugged in over usb. There is also a Desktop/Windows 7 program (You linked to it previously) that I presume can do the same.

Stoic Joker:
No man, that's way too manual. The "Windows Phone" Windows 8 app auto-syncs content when plugged in over usb. There is also a Desktop/Windows 7 program (You linked to it previously) that I presume can do the same.-allen (November 19, 2012, 11:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

This one? http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/how-to/wp8/windows-phone-app-for-desktop

Apparently there's a version that runs on a Mac ... But:The Windows Phone app for desktop won't work on Windows RT
--- End quote ---
That's rather dumb.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version