ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Well, I got it: Nokia Lumia 920, Windows 8

<< < (12/19) > >>

superboyac:
My "Camera Roll" automatically uploads but that's it. . . I'd have thought everything would.
-allen (November 19, 2012, 02:13 PM)
--- End quote ---
the photos in the camera roll uploaded fine (but not automatically).  The videos don't upload at all, it just hangs where it says "uploading..." and it just sits there forever (i left it overnight).

As for the auto uploading, I have mine set to only do it when wifi is available.  well, it never does it.  How do you get it to actually do it?

Also, java and flash?  internet explorer is very slow.  speedtest.net will not load.  lakersground.net takes forever to load, and I have LTE.  If these issues remain, I may have to consider getting another phone.

allen:
I haven't had any problem with the camera roll auto uploading. Under photos, I have skydrive set to best quality (needs Wi-Fi) for both and it has worked. I don't think there's any way to get the other folders to sync at this time (Though the backup settings seem to imply ALL photos should be backed up). Have you tried rebooting the phone?

I am quite sure Java and Flash are never going to happen. With WP7, I don't think it was possible to make a browser that didn't use IE at the core--I'm guessing it's the same way with WP8. Maybe you should stick with Android :)

superboyac:
I haven't had any problem with the camera roll auto uploading. Under photos, I have skydrive set to best quality (needs Wi-Fi) for both and it has worked. I don't think there's any way to get the other folders to sync at this time (Though the backup settings seem to imply ALL photos should be backed up). Have you tried rebooting the phone?

I am quite sure Java and Flash are never going to happen. With WP7, I don't think it was possible to make a browser that didn't use IE at the core--I'm guessing it's the same way with WP8. Maybe you should stick with Android :)
-allen (November 19, 2012, 03:44 PM)
--- End quote ---
lol, no I'm good for now.  I do like the phone.  Yeah, I think rebooting fixed it, but I won't find out till I get home.  Seems like I was installing the skydrive desktop last night and messing around with the phone a lot (installing lots of apps, etc.).  I restarted the phone and things seemed to work better.  I had to reenter most of my account passwords to get things working again.  I read others had similar issues.

I like the phone more than the others available.  I'm not a huge fan of google, so bing is fine also.  I switched back to bing since it works better with the phone.  It's all good...overall less headaches than android for the accounts.

superboyac:
Allen, so the large videos seem to be uploading with wifi now, although it's hard to tell exactly when and what is happening.  Between yesterday and today, I've had to reboot the phone about 5 times.  Sometimes the wifi wasn't working and I was getting upload errors.  Sometimes the LTE connection wasn't working on websites (very slow and would not finish loading).  Restarting seems to fix these problems somewhat (like normal Windows).  But is this a cause for concern, or just something normal to get used to?

allen:
I've had the phone a week and have restarted it fewer times total than you did yesterday. I haven't made any videos but my photos upload silently in the background like they're supposed to.  I've had no connectivity issues and the browser seems fast enough. For the most part, everything just works. Is your WiFi and LTE connection generally good and stable for other devices? I'd say cause for concern. . . maybe a factory reset and a clean slate would rectify things or maybe you got a device with a defective radio or something.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version