ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

In honor of Veteran's Day 2012 - Thank You

(1/2) > >>

mouser:
We try not to talk politics here on DC -- this isn't a political post.

This is a post to recognize the individuals who have contributed to society by serving their country.

We all have prejudices and stereotypes about people -- where they come from is sometimes a mystery.  One of the best things about this site has been meeting different kinds of people who have challenged those stereotypes and opened my eyes to the uniqueness, humour, creativity, foibles, generosity, and general unpredictability of the human character.  We have quite a few military folks here on DC, both retired and active -- and we are made better and more human by their presence.  Folks, you will always find a home here.  As you were.

40hz:
In honor of Veteran's Day 2012 - Thank You

+1 a hundred times over. As "The Rest Cure" shows, we owe all the men and women who have served this nation our deepest gratitude and respect.

:Thmbsup:

IainB:
Hear, hear.
In Flanders Field - The Red Poppy

Deozaan:
I appreciate those who serve in the military--so that I don't have to. You folks who volunteer (or even who are required by their country) to serve are far more courageous than I! Thanks!

vrgrrl:
And for our Canadian friends: http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/11/11/remembrance-day-canada-services-2012_n_2112358.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version