ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

DONE: Organize the Taskbar, organize the System Tray

<< < (3/6) > >>

gadlen:
I've been using Taskbar++ for a few days now and I like it a lot. Since some people have had trouble using it, here's how:

Start it up (put it in the Startup group)

To rearrange items:
- move the cursor to the task bar
- Hold down the Alt key for 2 seconds until the task bar items change in appearance
- While holding the Alt key, Drag and drop task bar items as you see fit.

The program doesn't remember the changes you've made for the next time you start up... it just rearranges things

Now that I've got a good Task bar manager, I'll look into all the good suggestions you guys have had for a system tray manager. :-)

Lee
http://lee.org

app103:
You know, I was just about to suggest something similar. I would love something that will allow me to drag & drop a taskbar button from a running app to a new position....on the taskbar itself.

I won't remember to open some window from my tray to do it, so it has to act like a taskbar feature. This Taskbar++ looks just like what I wanted.

I keep my taskbar on the side too...but the right side and on autohide (it's HUGE!). It's more mentally ergonomic to have your start button on the same side as you keep your mouse. :D

jgpaiva:
I think taskbar++ is a great idea. I just don't like the fact that you have to press one key on the keyboard AND wait a bit before you move the taskbar buttons. I also don't quite like the redraw after you release the button (although that has to be done :S).
I think i'd find it very useful, if it wasn't for the fact that it's not very practical, having to press a button and wait 2 seconds is a bit too slow for me.

app103:
I just tried Taskbar++ and I think it's awsome...just what I wanted.

Having to hold down the alt key means that you won't be moving taskbar buttons by mistake...and having to wait a sec or 2 means that if you didn't intend to activate it, you have time to do whatever you did hold the alt key down for....such as to create a special character with an alt code...and you just happen to have the cursor over the taskbar by mistake.

Patience dude...moving them is better than not moving them at all, in my opinion.

I haven't had a prob with the redraw, but then again, this pc is pretty fast so I don't even notice it.

noth(a)nk.you:
Lifehacker today mentioned Taskbar Shuffle:Very similar to ... Taskbar++, but it looks to be a bit more simple to use.-Lifehacker
--- End quote ---

edit: Just installed the program--works exactly as it should.  Check it out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version