ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

DONE: Organize the Taskbar, organize the System Tray

(1/6) > >>

gadlen:
Wouldn't it be nice if you always knew the order of the items in the Windows Taskbar?

The program (let's call it TaskbarOrganizer) would specify the order in which the taskbar items appear. Possibly something like this:
All icons in TaskbarOrganizer's list will appear to the left of / before any other icon. When a program in TaskbarOrganizer's list is started, it pushes the taskbar icon for other programs to the right to make way for it. Items in the list have a user specified order, for example: 1-Notepad.exe, 2-Calc.exe, 3-Firefox.

The benefit would be that you'd always know where to look for your favorite programs in the taskbar when they are running. No more hunting the bottom of the screen!

--------------------------------------------------
Similarly, wouldn't it be nice if you always knew the order of the items in the Windows System Tray?
yada yada yada...

SexyLilDarkPaw:
Hey Gadlen,

It seems someone else has shared your frustrations.  You might be interested in Mike Lin's Taskbar Commander.
I am not sure of DonationCoder's forum policies so, the author's site is www.mlin.net,

and the direct link is:
hxxp://www.mlin.net/files/TaskbarCommander.zip

As for the tray organization I don't recall anything like that.  It maybe the code snack :)

Hopefully TaskbarCommander is what you were looking for ;)

ttyl Felicia

lanux128:
i would like to add to the list...

* Taskbar Organizer
* Taskbar++ - page in Japanese (use google or babelfish to translate)
as for tray utilities, there's a mini-review here...

jgpaiva:
I have Taskbar Organizer, and it works very well, does exactlly what you're looking for ;)
As for the tray managers, maybe you should see this thread which has the relevant links to everything talked about this matter on DC.

[edit]Actually, taksbar organizer doesn't allow you to specify a place of the windows to be opened, only relocate the windows on the taskbar. Still, it's pretty good ;).
As for the tray, i think that there are a few apps mentioned in a few places on DC that allow you to do exactly that.[/edit]

Btw... Welcome to DC, gadlen!

noth(a)nk.you:
Having just tried the other three utilities listed here, I'm still liking Elias Fotinis' TaskArrange (TA) for this.  Here's a screenshot (stolen):

The thing that sets TA apart from the others (for me) is that it takes advantage of XP's taskbar grouping (note the trees in the screenshot).

For what it's worth, I also think it's prettier than both Taskbar Organizer and Taskbar Commander.  And, while Taskbar++ seems like a _neat_ idea, I couldn't get it to work on my machine (XPProSP2) and it requires that taskbar grouping is shut off  :down:.

I don't use it very often, but I think it's great when I do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version