ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: "Filegrab"-like functionality integrated into the file explorer.

<< < (4/5) > >>

tomos:
XYplorer has a very nice implementation of dir/file listing.
From the screenshots above, FileGrab does seem more flexible in the way you can add files from multiple locations. I guess it would be the equivalent of making virtual folders. Otherwise XY seems to have things well covered (and could cover that option too by combining [output] files or clipboard info).

- but I guess that's not much help to Iain as an xplorer² user :-)

IainB:
@tomos: Thanks for that. Yes, I am an xplorer² user, now, though I used to use XYplorer some time back. I am sure it's been improved over the elapsed time since I "jumped ship" though!    ;)

f0dder:
See if this works for you :)

Sending arbitrary stuff to arbitrary windows might be useful, and I'd be kinda surprised if there wasn't already some tool around to do it - but it was fun enough dusting off Auto-It again (and I'm sure the task could be done a lot cleaner than my quick hack :)).

IainB:
Thanks, I installed the new version and appropriate .INI file path.
Something wrong. Repeatable.
If you initiate the first run (i.e., FileGrab not already running) of the xplorer² command whilst in either the script's directory or FileGrab.exe's directory, then it works fine and you can add/paste files into Filegrab from those directories and from others.

However, if you initiate the first run (i.e., FileGrab not already running) of the xplorer² command whilst in any other directory, then you get the error message:

[Content]
Windows cannot find 'FileGrab.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

[OK]

If you press OK, then you get the error message:
---------------------------
Ewwor
FileGrab not running, and ShellExecute failed
OK  

If you press OK, then you are returned to the active window.

f0dder:
Hm,

I think I have an idea what this could be. If you use Sysinternals' Process Explorer and check the properties of the SendToFileGrab.exe process (when it throws up the error messagebox), what does it's "current directory" say? My guess is that it's going to be the active directory in xplorer2 rather than the script directory, which means it won't be able to read the .ini file.

If that's the case, try moving it to your c:\windows folder and see if that solves the problem temporarily - I'll look into a better solution later, which obviously means reading the .ini file from the same directory as the .exe is in :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version