ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: "Filegrab"-like functionality integrated into the file explorer.

<< < (3/5) > >>

IainB:
Thanks. That's very helpful of you.
Yes, the script that you made worked a treat and was exactly the sort of thing I was looking for. It does integrate xplorer² and FileGrab quite nicely. The .ini file sounds like a more sensible approach.
It sort of gives FileGrab a bit of an extended lease of life, and much easier to use now that it is integrated with xplorer².

Actually, the thought occurred to me that the script might lend itself to being adapted and used as a generic "Send File To Application" tool, or even (say) just a "Send To" tool - if one were needed. Pros and Cons there.

DonL:
Hi,

No need for filegrab. XYplorer supports this as a one-click feature for more than 10 years. Simply open the Report tab on the Info Panel (F12) and press "To Popup" or "To Clipboard", and you get something like this (of course, showing the column headers is optional):

--- ---Name                                        Size  Modified             Created              Attr         
--------------------------------------  --------  -------------------  -------------------  ------------ 
LuckyLuke.jpg                             171629  2012-10-18 18:28:34  2012-10-18 18:28:34  ----A-----I- 
Pacific-Heaven-a24501011.jpg              356100  2012-10-13 17:37:13  2012-10-13 17:37:13  ----A-----I- 
That-certain-Holiday-a24501032.jpg        275696  2012-10-13 17:36:47  2012-10-13 17:36:47  ----A-----I-

Don

IainB:
@DonL: Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, I think you can do what you say in XYplorer and in xplorer² also, but that's not what I want.
As described above, I use FileGrab to get the file/folder metadata into FileGrab's workspace, where I use it as a tool to massage the metadata - as described above - e.g., adding other files' (metadata) or removing it, and choosing to display Path, Short DOS name, etc. FileGrab is the tool, and seems to fill the niche.
It's the only reason I've held onto FileGrab since 1997!

It's a multi-step process to use it as it is though, and I noticed I was needing to use it more frequently lately, so wanted to reduce the repetitive steps. I'm l-o-n-g overdue for asking for help to integrate it with xplorer².    :-[
(I suggested to the xplorer² developer that he might consider adding the functionality into xplorer², a few years back, but he didn't seem too interested.)

DonL:
You said:
When you have the display as you would like it, you just click, select and copy those lines of the display you want to communicate.
--- End quote ---

That's exactly what you can do with XYplorer, even the width of the columns, the order of columns, the selection of files, etc. everything can be set in XYplorer very easily because the Report exactly mirrors the current list. I tried, but I cannot see which part of filegrab could be missing here.

IainB:
Maybe I misunderstand what you are talking about...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version