ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Funny Comments in Your Code?

(1/3) > >>

Renegade:
I was just going over some old code, and had a serious laugh. It was liberally laced with profanity, and just hilarious! :D (Not because of bugs or anything - just curse words used for no real reason other than perhaps to make me laugh.)

Anyone ever go back, read old comments, and laugh?

wraith808:
It was liberally laced with profanity, and just hilarious!
-Renegade (November 09, 2012, 10:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

I did this before, to earn an achievement in VS.  :-[

Renegade:
It was liberally laced with profanity, and just hilarious!
-Renegade (November 09, 2012, 10:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

I did this before, to earn an achievement in VS.  :-[
-wraith808 (November 09, 2012, 10:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've never seen that before! Love it~! :D

Jibz:
I was actually digging through some of the first versions of my old executable packer the other day, and found some rather obscene comments here and there ;D. It seemed like I had a thing with putting a comment in with a strange word in it to be able to use the search function to get back there, I guess my editor back then didn't have bookmarks or anything.

It was also interesting to see just how horrible the code actually was -- most of it was written while I was trying to learn C. It works and all, but I would hate to have to fix a bug in a mess like that :-[.

Slightly related.

Renegade:
I was actually digging through some of the first versions of my old executable packer the other day, and found some rather obscene comments here and there ;D. It seemed like I had a thing with putting a comment in with a strange word in it to be able to use the search function to get back there, I guess my editor back then didn't have bookmarks or anything.

It was also interesting to see just how horrible the code actually was -- most of it was written while I was trying to learn C. It works and all, but I would hate to have to fix a bug in a mess like that :-[.

Slightly related.
-Jibz (November 10, 2012, 04:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

I know how old code can be embarrassing. :)

Regarding that link - very fun! I looked around a bit, and ended up here:

http://me.veekun.com/blog/2012/04/09/php-a-fractal-of-bad-design/

Seriously funny. And serious. And funny. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version