topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 12:44 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Modified URL Sniffer  (Read 3048 times)

compassdesign

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Modified URL Sniffer
« on: November 07, 2012, 08:31 AM »
I have been using URL Snooper and its been working great, but its too much information......

What I have been looking for is a simple sniffing program that see's what URL's have been visited on a network. URL Snooper has been effective for this, its much easier to use than Wireshark which provides too much information to be useful.

However, it seems that because the main purpose of URLs is to find media files, it analyses all the URLs/links present on a visited webpage. That's actually more information that I need. Is there any way to turn this additional layer of information off and simply give the visited (requested) URL?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Modified URL Sniffer
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 10:33 AM »
Welcome to the site -- glad the program is useful.

I think the idea of adding some additional smarter filters to URL snooper is a great idea.. I just have to think about how easy it would be to add the exact kind of filter you want (to only show web page requests but not the urls on a page..)..  Let's think and talk more about it though because I really like the idea of adding some more useful filters that can be chosen.