ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Only 16GB Free on 32GB Surface

<< < (3/4) > >>

nudone:
How do Apple get away with a 400% mark-up on retail prices for memory and hard disks? Why don't they just buy them at Amazon, double the price and give the Apple 'consumer' a break!
-Carol Haynes (November 06, 2012, 03:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

Don't forget that is all part of the appeal. "I bought a new Mac at the weekend and it cost me $8000... yeah, I know, that makes it four times better than any PC I could find."

Carol Haynes:
Except it wasn't US dollars - it was UK pounds!

At £8400 I would expect something akin to a supercomputer!

Renegade:
Sorry - I have a Tab 2
-Carol Haynes (November 06, 2012, 05:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

Drooooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllllllllllllll...

I saw a Tab 2 in a store, and just about wet my pants... It was sexy sexy sexy. I really wanted to buy one, but... I don't really *need* it. So...

I should just try and leverage some contacts, and see if I can get Samsung to send me some goodies~! :D After all, pretty much anyone that develops for any Samsung device has read materials that came across my desk!

But man... That is a sweet little tab... I had to put it down quickly as I didn't want to get too badly infected with gear-lust.

Carol Haynes:
LOL - I bought just before the Tab Note and felt the same ...  :-[

Renegade:
LOL - I bought just before the Tab Note and felt the same ...  :-[
-Carol Haynes (November 06, 2012, 06:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

I had a quick chat with a girl early this year in Seoul about the Galaxy Note. I saw her with it, and had to ask a bit. She loved it.

I've done a lot of work on some of the "guts" of the Note, and man... it's some pretty cool stuff. The new things coming out soon are even cooler.

Basically, the Note is going to take over. The hardware/software integration in it is far beyond anything else on the market. Samsung is going to EAT the competition.

No. You won't be able to do anything like it on your iPad.

No. You won't be able to do anything like it on your ACME Android.

Samsung controls so much of the hardware manufacturing that others simply won't be able to keep up.

I can't say too much specifically as I'd have to go and check to see if it is publicly available information first, and just not that inclined to do so. But do keep your eyes open -- more is coming. :D

(That being said, we have another 800 lb gorilla to deal with -- I'm not blind.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version