ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Only 16GB Free on 32GB Surface

<< < (2/4) > >>

tomos:
If you're mangling any metaphors, maybe switch "foot" to "face". :D
-Renegade (November 05, 2012, 10:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nah, they outsourced that. They hired someone to be shot in the face when something bad goes wrong.  :P
-TaoPhoenix (November 05, 2012, 11:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

;D

... just had to show my appreciation of that

Carol Haynes:
On the plus side though, you can actually add storage space to it, which you can't with other devices.
--- End quote ---

You can with Samsung Tab Android devices - OK you can't use it like normal memory but at least you can add up to 32Gb minSDHC card and use it for storage (not apps etc.).

I'd much rather just spend $15 on more memory myself than spend $100 or $200 more for the device.
--- End quote ---

Did an interesting experiment the other day - built a Mac Pro Tower spec on Apple's website to get as close to my current hardware build. The CPU on the Mac is probably a bit faster than my current PC (though I am not sure it would make a huge difference) but all the other specs were the same or lower (notably the graphics card was a generation older and the Apple machine had USB 2 as standard whereas mine has USB3 - and a lot more ports! Mine also supports 3 monitors - the ATI card used by Apple only supports 2 and you need to pay £70+ extra for the adapter to do that!!!) and the build price came to over £8000 (yes you read that right) compare the the hardware costs of my build (all top branded hardware) which came to around £1800 and includes addition hard disks and an SSD (which the Mac build didn't).

How do Apple get away with a 400% mark-up on retail prices for memory and hard disks? Why don't they just buy them at Amazon, double the price and give the Apple 'consumer' a break!

wraith808:
But what I don't get is that this is supposed to be the stripped down version of Windows.  If they're trying to go the apple route, iOS6 takes less than 1GB of space including all of the included apps.  I'm not sure how much Android takes, but I'm sure it's less than 16GB.  And for the price points?  Just having the ability to add space doesn't make up for it, IMO.

Renegade:
You can with Samsung Tab Android devices - OK you can't use it like normal memory but at least you can add up to 32Gb minSDHC card and use it for storage (not apps etc.).
-Carol Haynes (November 06, 2012, 03:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sigh... Not on mine... :( (I've got the original Korean Galaxy Tab 10.1.)

Carol Haynes:
-Carol Haynes (November 06, 2012, 03:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sigh... Not on mine... :( (I've got the original Korean Galaxy Tab 10.1.)
-Renegade (November 06, 2012, 04:45 AM)
--- End quote ---
Sorry - I have a Tab 2

Of course if you bought an iPad you would be onto your third (or 4th) by now - and still no SD card ;-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version