ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Any program to manually run startup programs?

<< < (2/4) > >>

MilesAhead:
Not exactly what you want. You have to manually set it up by dragging the shortcut you would normally put in StartUp folder onto DelayedCuts Gui. You can download from this page

You set the delay time for each item. The manual part is inverse of what you specified(but who knows? You might want to try it.)  As each program is ready to start a panel slides up telling the delay left in seconds. If you want to skip that item, double click the tray icon. Otherwise they all come up in order. I have all my hotkey programs start like this.  Just keeps them from starting simultaneously.  Where my program differs from many delay starters is it requires you to drag a shortcut onto the ListView Gui. That way you have all setting available. Command line, working directory, start minimized etc.. rather than just dragging an exe program from the shortcut to some delay mechanism.

Here's a screen shot of the ListView Gui

nite_monkey:
Keeping a folder of shortcuts to your startup items is handy.
Not only if you want to start them manually but also to check to see if they are all running.
Sometimes I forget what I have enabled to run at startup.
-cmpm (November 05, 2012, 08:50 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thats actually not a bad idea. Is there a program that can read what runs a startup, and add a shortcut to a folder, and then remove it from startup?

cmpm:
WinPatrol reads what runs at startup.
Along with delay, add and remove options.
But no export shortcuts to a folder deal, if that is what you mean.

I like that one Miles, good one!

nite_monkey:
I think I am just going to do it manually. I ran across a program that reads what runs at startup, and I'm just manually adding a shortcut to a folder, and then going to the program and telling it to not run at startup. I think I might prefer this method anyways, I have more control over what happens.

wraith808:
I use StartupManager.  There was some dustup over OpenCandy, but as they release a portable version and the source, I never dealt with that problem.  With the portable one you just extract and run.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version