ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

[DONE] lightweight pdf viewer and editor

<< < (2/4) > >>

tomos:
I could use this too!

Adobe Reader is my default PDF reader.
Occasionally I then want to open the PDF in PDF-Xchange

so I tried changed window class to
ADOBE_PDF_FRAME
and put in the PDF-Xchange path in place of Nitro (there's no spaces in. Also it's the portable version)

I also had to change the F4 as that is used in Adobe Reader - I tried a couple, have F12 now.

Maybe I have the window class wrong? This doesnt work either:
ADOBEREADER_PDF_FRAME

TIA

Ath:
Maybe I have the window class wrong? This doesnt work either:
ADOBEREADER_PDF_FRAME
-tomos (November 07, 2012, 03:48 AM)
--- End quote ---
Be sure to check the exact Window ClassName using the Window spy/info tool that comes installed with AHK. And, these names are usually checked case-sensitive.

tomos:
mmm [scratches head]  :-\

I found the window class:
AcrobatSDIWindow

All shortcuts now have an effect, but not as planned:
They open the 'Document Properties' window (within Adobe Reader). Once. If I close the properties window, the key kombo has no effect next time.

(These shortcuts otherwise have no effect, i.e. only have an effect when the script is running.)

What with Adobe wanting to take over the world (who doesn't these days) it wouldn't suprise me that they somehow block any 'meddling'.

If you've any ideas, let me know. It's not so important to me, but always interesting to learn a little :-)

Ath:
They open the 'Document Properties' window (within Adobe Reader). Once. If I close the properties window, the key kombo has no effect next time.
-tomos (November 07, 2012, 06:13 AM)
--- End quote ---
Does this have anything to do with the actual input focus? Maybe if you click inside the PDF document, the hotkey for Document Properties (^d ?? not sure, don't have that pdf reader installed...) starts to work again? Adobe Reader is MDI, AFAIK, and pressing the hotkey outside of a pdf document probably does nothing.

tomos:
IIUC the next step in the script is to copy the file path from properties -
this seems to be not possible with adobe -
see the file properties dialogue:

[DONE] lightweight pdf viewer and editor

the tab 'Description' has focus - but I dont see anyway of copying the file path cause it isn't shown in one string anywhere in the properties...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version