ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

[DONE] lightweight pdf viewer and editor

(1/4) > >>

kalos:
hello!

most of the times i open a pdf, i only want to read it and not edit it

that's why my default pdf viewer is sumatrapdf, which is very fast at opening and rendering pdf files, which unfortunately doesnt offer any editing features

for editing, i use nitropdf, which unfortunately is very slow at opening a pdf file

so, i would like to have the fastest possible pdf viewer as default app to handle pdf files (mupdf would be better, since it's the ultimate fast app) and with a click of a button to bring up the editing features (even if I have to wait a bit)

thanks!

Nod5:
I think this Autohotkey script will do what you want. Run it and then press F4 (or change it to some other hotkey) when Sumaptra is active to open the same document in nitro. You only need to change [path_to_nitro_folder] to whatever folder you have nitropdf installed in.

--- ---#IfWinActive, ahk_class SUMATRA_PDF_FRAME
F4::
clipsave := ClipBoardAll
clipboard =
send ^d  ;open file properties
winwaitactive, Document Properties
send ^c  ;copy properties
clipwait
send {esc}
RegExMatch(clipboard, "U)File: (.*\.pdf)\R",xpath)  ;put pdf file path in variable
if xpath1 !=
 run [path_to_nitro_folder]\NitroPDF.exe "%xpath1%"
clipboard := clipsave
return
#IfWinActiveedit: fixed regex code and made run conditional on finding a matching pdf file (not epub or any other file type that Sumatra also supports)

kalos:
wow, this is great, thanks!

Nod5:
Glad you like it. I updated the code with a small improvement.

kalos:
Glad you like it. I updated the code with a small improvement.
-Nod5 (November 05, 2012, 04:00 PM)
--- End quote ---
  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version